Bad air leak!

JPL3

So you think the leak is coming through intake? It feels like it’s coming from the cylinder bolt where that divot is. But maybe your right about the intake leaking. I’ll try it out. Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just double check. If it is an intake Leake, it will be a easier to deal with. But it would be hard to mistake an intake leak for a leak from the cylinder mount. But it won't hurt to double check.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Either way~ coming from stud hole or intake hole... it's a gasket not sealing.

Dano/ hopped called it.

I'd do what loco said 1st, since it's easier & use shorter intake bolts & sealant. If that doesnt seal it ( let it set up before retesting) then its your base gasket. I'll bet intake will seal it tho

Either way~ coming from stud hole or intake hole... it's a gasket not sealing.
Dano/ hopped called it.
I'd do what loco said 1st, since it's easier & use shorter intake bolts & sealant. If that doesnt seal it ( let it set up before retesting) then its your base gasket. I'll bet intake will seal it tho
If it's coming out from under the nut where that divot is that he pointed out, I don't think any amount of intake sealing is going to fix it. If that divot has raised the material where the nut seats, then it would make sense why the base gasket would fail there and why air is allowed to seep out from that spot.

So you think the leak is coming through intake? It feels like it’s coming from the cylinder bolt where that divot is. But maybe your right about the intake leaking. I’ll try it out. Thanks man!

Spray soapy water on it and see where it bubbles

5 hours ago, Metal_man_Rob said:

If it's coming out from under the nut where that divot is that he pointed out, I don't think any amount of intake sealing is going to fix it. If that divot has raised the material where the nut seats, then it would make sense why the base gasket would fail there and why air is allowed to seep out from that spot.

That "divot" is the end of where they drilled to make intake bolt holes. It stops right there. If the nut was torqued properly the base gasket would seal (  As much as they normally do, I always use some kind of sealant on base and intakes) could it still be there, yes. More than  Likely, it's the Reed gasket and sealing that, will stop it from traveling down that threaded hole, and out of that "divot". Tho it looks like he has it tore down, the reed gasket is easier to fix & retest.

• Like 2

That "divot" is the end of where they drilled to make intake bolt holes. It stops right there. If the nut was torqued properly the base gasket would seal (  As much as they normally do, I always use some kind of sealant on base and intakes) could it still be there, yes. More than  Likely, it's the Reed gasket and sealing that, will stop it from traveling down that threaded hole, and out of that "divot". Tho it looks like he has it tore down, the reed gasket is easier to fix & retest.
Right on. Makes total sense.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great advice fellas! I have new gaskets on the way for intake, and coolhead. Are there anymore seals I should replace while I’m at it? New at the whole banshee air leak issues lol

Start with getting new gaskets for the reed blocks and intakes. I always use a very thin film of oil and heat resistant RTV on both sides of each gasket. So do that with the intake and reed gaskets and do another leakdown. If it leaks from that hole again, take pictures of the bubbles. Also use shorter screws so they don't contact the cylinder again.

• Like 1