Bad air leak!

JPL3

OK got it. I’ll take another picture when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you determine air is leaking out of that spot? Is there actually a hole there? Or is it coming from the reed valve gasket?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

So I wonder if the base gasket is letting enough through to leak out of the stud hole and out from under that nut. Hopped up, who replied earlier, is definitely far more versed in all of this, but, if it were me, and I was 100% the air was coming from that divot, I'd remove the nut and see if the surface under it is damaged. Or if there is fuel/oil under it.
Did you check the torque. It's wierd that air is leaking from that spot. It looks like it goes under the nut, though.
If the base gasket is bad or the nuts for the cylinder aren't torqued to spec, the air could go through there, I'd imagine.
I don't see an actual hole in that divot, though. It just looks like displaced material. But the location makes me think the nut isn't seated properly, the cylinders weren't torqued right or the base gasket is bad... or a combo of it all.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So you think the leak is coming through intake? It feels like it’s coming from the cylinder bolt where that divot is. But maybe your right about the intake leaking. I’ll try it out. Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you see the case bolt on the inside of the intake?