Yfz450 Shocks On A Banshee

erbilabuc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting to get them. They just shipped on Friday so I am really anxious to get them and put them on. Does anyone have any suggestions for for the Rear shock. I am running a +4 swingarm, and tip the scales at around 250 lbs. I currently have the stock shock but I notice that over the big whoops it bottoms out. Not sure whether I should send it to works and get it reworked, or something else. Any ideas would be appreciated.......

I can help out with rear spring rate changes, just let me know. I can reccomend rates, and ship direct, Banshee rear springs are $50, I've got them in 250 lb / in up to 500 lb / in rates in 25 lb / in increments.

dnhyoung, you will need a 450 - 475 - 500 rear depending on the type of riding you do.

Dunedemon.

I can help out with rear spring rate changes, just let me know.  I can reccomend rates, and ship direct, Banshee rear springs are $50, I've got them in 250 lb / in up to 500 lb / in rates in 25 lb / in increments.

dnhyoung, you will need a 450 - 475 - 500 rear depending on the type of riding you do.

Dunedemon.

What would you recommend for an intermediate rider, riding at the dunes(trails, and hill climbs), +4 swingarm, 255 lbs rider. You can see the engine mods in my sig.

Thanks For the info.

P.S. is it very difficult to change the spring, and/or should I have the shock revelved also????,

I would go with a 475 LB/IN spring for the rear (stock is 308 LB/IN) Having the rear shock revalved is always a good idea when making a large rate change. The spring swap will require the use of a spring compressor.

Dunedemon.

the banshee and YFZ rear shock is not interchange able- I have both bikes- and wanted to use my bashee shock on the yfz- the rezzie on the banshee is directly behind the shock- onthe yfz it on the side

although i am told that the YZ 450 rear shock will work. I have a YZ 400 shock im going to try on there in a few weeks and see how that works

well, just got the new shocks today, and got them installed just a while ago. I took me about 2 1/2 hours total, but that included a couple of buddies telling me to grind here, grind there. but no one wanted to make the first cut so to speak. All in all, I would say about 30 minutes of grinding and fitting per side to make sure that I didn't removed any more than I had to. Now I can't wait to get in out on the sand and see how it performs.

well, just got the new shocks today, and  got them installed just a while ago.  I took me about 2 1/2 hours total, but that included a couple of buddies telling me to grind here, grind there. but no one wanted to make the first cut so to speak.  All in all, I would say about 30 minutes of grinding and fitting per side to make sure that I didn't removed any more than I had to.  Now I can't wait to get in out on the sand and see how it performs.

stock arms? Did you notice a lift in ride height with no weight on the bike? I noticed that mine sits about 1 inch higher with no weight but it sags back down to were my works triples used to be at. I have janssen +2+1 arms though..

You guys putting the 450's on your stock arms will notice a very nice change in the way the shee rides, and handles the terrain. But if you get the extra dough, I highly suggest you get the 2+1 arms also. You will get even more out of the shocks. If the the shocks made the shee feel 100% better, the arms with add another 100% to that. The arms changed my bike as much as the shocks did.

When you put the 450 shocks on your bike you have to compress them a little to get them on, so your not using all of its travel. With the after market arms you will get all of the travel. There is no sag with the stock arms and 450's, but there is with the after market arms.

Just something you may want to put on your to get list.