Tire Choices For The Banshee?

I run turf tamers. They aren't very good through the mud, or on gravel, but on grass and dirt they hook up like a dream. I myself avoid mud as much as possible, for one thing i have cut fenders so its just a mud shower waiting to happen, and it just doesnt have the bottom end to pull through the mud, and the tires spin wildly. I could probably make it through some of the mud around here if i went like 50 and then hydroplaned across :lol:

The reason I said mud is because to get to some of the coolest trails and places to ride I have to cross little mud holes and streams and most of my trails turn into mush when it rains, especially on my new trails where the ground isn't packed down yet.

Relator are probably your best choice for mud but are hard to get in a close to stock size, and they are a very heavy tire with all those lugs. thats what my bud has on his Quadzilla. ;) Although i never used them myself i've heard good thigs from Turftamer owners. :D Holeshots & razars are good on the dirt track and thats where they belong, not very good trail tires.Never seen Bandits in action yet. Don't forget tires are only one part to a combination of things that get you throough mud. Speed be your next best freind :D

I run the realtors for when it snows out, and they hook up like crazy. Those thick paddles will throw anything you put in its way. The only problem is, they look a little funny on a stock setup because the tires are so big that the ass of the quad will be wide and tall and the front narrow and low :unsure: a little funny looking but hell they hook up!

Iv always been a big TurfTamer fan. Most of the XC racers are running the new Maxxis Razr 2's. XC racing is basically racing on the trails, through mud, hillclimbs, small jumps etc etc..... I cant wait to try the Razr 2's, I have a set of Razr's on now and they're a great tire, the tread is nice and soft so they hook up real nice. They wear faster cause they are a soft compound, but when your riding a Banshee, hookin up is far more important than wearing out tires quickly.

I think those Realtors are ugly as hell, they look really heavy too. Good tire for a 4x4 maybe, but not a sport bike. Running them in the snow is a good idea tho....

Holeshots by far.The XCT is my favorite in 22's,Holeshot makes an extremely light tire, ply for ply.There decent in mud,but suffer on loose pack or loamy surfaces.There hardpack rating is #1 in a 6 ply tire.

I put 23/22 XCT on the first week I bought my shee.My stockers never saw action,their still stacked in a corner from 01'

I'd say check out the blackwaters as well. I used to swear by realtors, they are a great tire to use if you dont know what your getting yourself into and will go through basically anything. The downfalls of them are that they only come in a 22" and are quite heavy. They are pretty unpredictable when your powersliding around a corner (will slide out on you easily)

The Blackwaters are 20", Have good lugs, and have a side cross section that keeps powersliding more predictable. The Razr 2's are also an awesome tire but incredibly expensive and I havent tried them yet to give you opinions on them.

I've had holeshots on and I'm not that impressed with them. If you run a - swingarm and can get the traction to the ground I could see them being good in some muddier conditions.

Right now I have Mudsharks on that are 21" tall. They hook up great on snow, and in the mud is where they really show their stuff. Pull through good, as good as the realtors. They're real predictable around the corners as well. Only downfall of them is that they are really really soft and wear down quickly.

I'd say look into the blackwaters.....or get some razr 2's. If you get a - swingarm then look into razr 1's or holeshots. And have a realtor or mudshark for a backup tire