Help With Pistons

cOoLDeviL

hi all and can any one of you help me with my banshee its time to top rebuild and my pistones now is stock and its still working but thear is tiking noise coming out of the engine i think its the pistones rings because the piston comp. is low and im planing to change them befor they break and damege other parts with it so my plan is :-

1- set of wiseco pistons kit and thinking of 64.50 or 64.75(with out doing porting)

2- set of cpi inframe pipe .

3- in the future trinity single carb 33 or 35 dont know yet .

ps: can i install the CPI pipe on stock porting engine and get good performance over any other pipe in the market because i use to have trinity stage IV and it was grazy so i sold it to get CPI but i'm not planing to port the cylinders yet .

so any help is wanted ......

I don't understand why you would want to go with CPI pipes and a single carb? Odd?? The CPI pipes won't hurt you, but they are a top end pipe, that would work better on a ported bike. I don't know what type of riding you do, but that would help determine your pipe selection. Now, I would suggest getting your bike ported ASAP if you plan on it in the future. When you port, it is almost always necessary to bore right after. if you waste too many bores, than you will be ass out when you finally do decide to port it. Wiseco pistons IMO are the best to go with. You will get varying opinions on this, so make your decision after you hear what you want to hear.

yea weisco pistons rock, porting is really important if you lookin into gettin more serious, and it looks like it if you want cpis' but like boonman said, you'll loose performance with a 1 carb over 2 if your going with cpi's

If he is still running mostly stock, he wont lose power with the single.

Actually he will only lose maybe 1 horse at the top with the 35mm. But will be pushing 10 more horses than stock by the time hes at ~6500rpms.

If he stays on the stock bore and porting the 33mm will be fine. but 35mm woul dbe better because o fhte top end need with the cpi's

pistons size doesent matter, just dont go over bores taht you dont need, you will be killing your engines life, i take it that your on a stock bore, just go to a .10 bore from a mechanic shop for like 40 a jug and get a top end kit from like weisco