Pullin The Engine

promod80

i need to pull my entire engine off. I know this sounds stupid but are there any special tips you guys can give me that will make it a lil easier? I am gonna have it bored .20 over so i have a nice fresh top end. I just bought FMF powercore pipes and silencers. I need to know what size jets i am gonna need to run and i am going to buy a cool head but what size domes should i run? How much horsepower do you guys think i should have with the .20 over bore,pipes,silencers,jetted and a cool head??? thanks guys

Iam getting ready to rebuild my motor as well. Do you have to remove the carbs or will they hang there alright if I leave the airbox and all that on? Is there any way I can check to see if my crank needs rebuild/replaced without removing it? My dealer gave me an estimate of $700+ for a top end rebuild....needless to say Iam gonna try to do it myself.

Goodluck Promod, let us know how it goes :)

Me and my dad found another place that would do it. $35 for boring on each side + like $200 for pistons and all that. Iam gonna have them put a TORS elimination kit on it when there at it so I should be able to get it all done for under $5-600 dollars compared to $700+ for a top-end alone.

Gotta love stealerships huh? They wanted $48 to bore each side hehe.

The TORS is the 2 grey things on top of the carbs that prevents the throttle getting stuck wide open. The TORS elimination kit includes different carb tops and various lil things needed to get rid of them. They eventualy fail and make it run like crap ive been told, and they just get in the way so iam doing away with them.

It sounds like you guy's need to do this yourself. Doing a topend rebuild on a 2-stroke is easy! Get a Clymers manual or have someone that has done it before help you, It's the best way to learn and will help you know your quad better! As for the tors kit just follow directions carefully and it's fairly easy also. As for prices pistons/gaskets $200, tors kit $40, experience and pride for doing it yourself......PRICELESS!!! If you need detailed help on all this just ask these people on the site or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

I dont have the room to take it all apart right now or I would have tried. I realy would like to do it myself, trust me. Ive been buggin my mom to let me put it on the porch and work on it there but she dont like that idea <_< I might try to do it with the room I got I dont know.

Iam gonna have to take it somewere and make sure its jetted right because iam retarded when it comes to that. Someone tells me "go up 250 here and needle clip this and blah blah" iam just like :blink: lol.