Pro Circuit Pipes ...

I would take the head off or look at the pistons and cylinders through the exhaust port to see any damage. As far as jetting goes most recommend richining up the main, but not all machines are the same. On my 89 Banshee which is a full mod

Coolhead

Porting

stock carbs

FMF pipes

V-force

I never had to rejet ran stock 200 mains the bike burned clean and never had any issues.

Chris

PS when you do a plug chop use old plugs. Using new plugs will not give you an adequate reading. I have seen plugs go for hours and look like they just came out of the box, and trust me my bike runs rich.

I would take the head off or look at the pistons and cylinders through the exhaust port to see any damage.  As far as jetting goes most recommend richining up the main, but not all machines are the same.  On my 89 Banshee which is a full mod

Coolhead

Porting

stock carbs

FMF pipes

V-force

I never had to rejet ran stock 200 mains the bike burned clean and never had any issues.

Chris

PS when you do a plug chop use old plugs.  Using new plugs will not give you an adequate reading.  I have seen plugs go for hours and look like they just came out of the box, and trust me my bike runs rich.

hows using a old plug gonna work chris.......a fresh plug you can see down in the cone and read it if its all been lugged around its black and you couldnt read it if you tried

Blue Deuce; From my expereince if you took a new plug put it in your machine and ran it wide open took the plug out you would not have any reading on it unless you were running so much oil that that the bike wouldn't run correctly. By using a plug that has some miles on it the plug will already have some form of color/carbon on the tip and resignator that you would be able to get more of an accurate reading. But as I mentioned this is what I have learned from my experiences.,and plug chops.

Chris

Blue Deuce;  From my expereince if you took a new plug put it in your machine and ran it wide open took the plug out you would not have any reading on it  unless you were running so much oil that that the bike wouldn't run correctly.  By using a plug that has some miles on it the plug will already have some form of color/carbon on the tip and resignator that you would be able to get more of an accurate reading.  But as I mentioned this is what I have learned from my experiences.,and plug chops.

Chris

i allways use a fresh plug thats warmed up in the bike or if ive changed anything because im not positive but once the plug has run rich is there still a way to get a lean reading in a pass or two up the street, and i look down where the cone starts and up from there not being as concerned with the tip......but you have a point also chris....maybe someone more in the know can chime in.......

I get good readings off of brand spanking new plugs.If you do a WOT in sixth,It will burn a nice thin brown ring around the base of the porcelin.I'm running a 32:1 mix and in one run,I can get a good burn on the porcelin.It will take more riding to be able to read the tip and flat area above the threads.

Then I will periodically check the plug after a couple rides to see how the other circuits are jetted.(pilot/needle.)

Your gonna have to chop the plug to accurately read it and if your porcelin is still white around the base after a run,I'd bump up the mains.

If you put a used,fairly blackend plug back in and the jetting was wayy to lean,it would take sometime before that plug will show signs of being lean.I've seen plugs come out white from runing too lean to long(burning deposits off of porcelin)and excessive richness(fuel wash)fuel washing the porcelin clean.But this takes time

I have 2 chopped plugs from when I put pipes on.they are perfectly white with the exception of a very thin dark brown ring around the base of the porcelin and a spot thats black(probably from pilot).If I can get my scandisk working,I'll post em.

I've used both and personally don't think it matters. You can take a set of plugs that are black and oily and run it hard in 6th for 10 seconds and get a pretty accurate reading....A new plug needs time to color as well as an old plug needs time to color also, so personally I don't think it matters, but everyone has their oppion....some people like to do plug chops and others just read the tips....I read the tips and have done testing on the dyno to see where optimum power is vs. color of the plug.....A brown tip plug is optimum power, so when people say leaner is meaner.......Bullshit....