Stroke crank

Fasthappy

I bought a big bore long-stroke motor from Trinity a while back with power valves and I was not happy with it it felt like a big four stroke with lots of torque and no top end Rush I love the Banshee for. I'm not sure the lack of top-end was set up or the stroke crank. What are your thoughts? I currently bought a stock motor and put the Athena 392 kit on it and I love it and I am tempted to stroke the crank as well but don't want to have the same problem if you think it will kill the top end. What are your thoughts and thank you in advance

Long stroke or long rod?

Were the power valves functional?

What kind of cylinders were they?

I believe the power valves smooth out the hit but you end up with about the same top end, just not like a light switch your used to ...i think

Some will confuse that with lack of power, when in fact its the same , your just not going from very little power into a light switch powerband.

Making port timing the same but matching the new "stroke" ( which nobody would do but) stroking will give you a little more torque 

Stroking the athena will not kill top end  but you'll have to get any/it ported to match the stroke change.

You shoulda went cpi or drive line tho, now you've gotta decide whats the better choice... to go with, to continue.

Thank you so much for the response, the cylinders were cheetah, the power valves seemed to be functional, and your idea about the power valves adding more bottom end making the top end less noticeable makes a lot of sense. And yeah I thought that stroke ing the crank would require new Pistons, rods and crank but I didn't think about the porting, thank you for that