Banshee Spindles?

banshee0044

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll catch shit for this because some ppl just dont believe except for the ppl i ride with but i know its a diferent bike but on my z400 when it ran i could easily pull a wheelie through fith till it wouldnt pull and just hold it i havent had enough time to do it on the shee yet i but i hvae made it throught fourth in a wheelie coming from first on up and just holding it and shiftin while the front end its up with out the clutch.

I could wheelie through most of the gears on my ol' 230 quadsport, 4 strokes are a hellava lot easier to wheelie. I cant ride a wheelie on my Banshee, the powerband just aint freindly enuf for me + im getting old :(

Tats, id love to see some pictures of the raptor spindles on the Banshee. The only reason I said they wont work, is because recently someone here said they tried em and it wasnt even close. I know you'd have to use the Raptor's front hubs, I think the problems would be fitting them to the Banshee's A-arms. The Raptor spindles would have to be identical, or damn close, to the Banshee's spindle dimensions. I wanted to bolt on 400ex spindles along time and all the replies I got said they wont work. Maybe cause they're from a Honda. Maybe the raptor's will work cause they're a Yamaha part. Id really like some more info on your bud's banshee with the rappy spindles, and a picture or 3 would be great. Id like to use 400ex spindles if I could, that way I could bolt up some 250 calipers to em.

i was talking to gary at quicksand about putting raptor spindles on a banshee awhile back when i was thinking of doing this, he said the taper on the spindles for the a arm ball joints are different but the taper for the tie rod rods are the same. so if you have removable ball joints just get the raptor part and put it in. of course other things might not line up and cause other problems. I think the sweetest setup would be YFZ spindles with their dual piston calipers...those are some nice brakes

Ok guys. here's what i'll do, i've done this plenty of times... there's a straight in the back of my subdivision.. I can hit a hill at the beginning in 4th and ride to the beginning of 6th, so after i cut my plastics this winter i'll upload a video for you..and to prove it's 4th or 5th that i start in i'll start the video from the beginning of the curves that i usually go around in 2nd\3rd.. If i do this you gonna send me $1000 cashiers check ? I know i can do.. just how many attempts before i can ? :P

Oh and how far in 6th you want it.. i don't think i can get to the top of 6th cuz the short is maybe.. 100-120 yards long.. :\ And i might be able to do it from 2nd - 6th.. depending on if any cars are comin at the top of the hill :-)

OH which brings me to another question... For riding wheelies, how much pressure should be in both tires? Or should i practice ridin wheelies and see which way it goes then let air of the other side? Cuz when i raise it up it tends to pull to the left then sway back to the right.. it may be my warped tires rims.. heh

i have a famliy member with a nice cam corder...ill have to tape one..no joke i can get it up in 1st or second...and ride through 6...get that $1000 ready to mail out

oh by the way i got a 2000 banshee with a trinity longrod 420...all stage 4...v force reeds...plenty of other parts too much to list...

im getting new a-arms too...tghats why the raptor spindles would fit...new hubs too

My bike will come up in 4th and 5th in the dirt. -2 arm, and nearly stock motor. I am not shittin' ya. Done it all weekend up at Tug hill. Ridin with my boss. (he has a blaster) Anyways, I am stock gearing, and with the blaster topped out, (which isn't much) I would pull next to him, in 5th gear, snap the clutch, yank the shit out of the bars and hang my big fat ass off the back, and ride a wheelie away. I have no idea how fast i was travelling when I did these 5th gear wheelies, but it wasn't slow.... I have never been able to ride a 1-5 or 6 wheelie on anything except my streetbike. And I was also the only person in the area that could pull a ZX-7R up into a balanced wheelie rollin' in second gear. (7R's have a wicked heavy front end) All bull shit aside, 5th gear wheelie is no problem.....