Best port job for nearly stock banshee?

Depends on end use.

Stock head? Stock Carbs? Lots of info left out here.....

Play port? Full drag port?

Go with a site sponsor, Be TOTALLY HONEST with what you want. If you aren't sure don't start yet!

If all you do is fuck around, a play port would be best. Need a cool head and possibly a little larger than stock set of carbs.

• Like 1

it all goes off of what type of riding you plan on doing.  i have a MXport/play and love it for my fields and in the woods.  if you plan on doing the dunes more, you want a dune port.  

Unless you are running the dunes or dragging a lot, stick with a smaller carb, stock/pwk28/pw33   smaller the carb, the better low end you are going to have, but you will lose some on the top end. 

Overall figure out what type of riding you want to do, and everything is based off of that.  

• Like 3

Stock head but I was planning on getting a cool head anyways   Right now stock carbs but I also have a set of 34mm flat slides those are probably to big   Based off the information you guys are giving me I would lean more towards a play port. Because I do more trails and messing around but when people are running drags I like to hop in the mix. What would u guys suggest is best for my riding style ?  

9 hours ago, jason.perez said:

Thanks, if I did plan on keeping the stock carbs do u know what Jets I would have to move up too ? Or would 28’s just give me that much more top end ?  

30 pilot, 320 main to start, put the clip on the needle closest to the tip.

should be super rich with that, Buy 27.5 pilot, 270-340 mains, and a toomey needle (or equivalent) Oh and 2 or 3 set of bowl gaskets and the allen cap screw bowl fastener sets (you will thank me later)

Oh and buy 20-30 plugs so you can do plug chops after every tuning change to verify where it is at.

My 98 had a dune port with 21cc domed cool head, vf2 reeds, fmf pipes, dyna ignition, stock timing and stock tors deleted carbs. In glamis it liked 27.5 pilots and 280 mains.

Wifes 96 is stock port, cool head with 21 cc domes, boysen reeds, toomey piped, stock carbs and likes 27.5 pilot and 270 mains....

I spent so much money on plugs I would have though I had stock in NGK...

each bike is different.

12 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

30 pilot, 320 main to start, put the clip on the needle closest to the tip.

should be super rich with that, Buy 27.5 pilot, 270-340 mains, and a toomey needle (or equivalent) Oh and 2 or 3 set of bowl gaskets and the allen cap screw bowl fastener sets (you will thank me later)

Oh and buy 20-30 plugs so you can do plug chops after every tuning change to verify where it is at.

My 98 had a dune port with 21cc domed cool head, vf2 reeds, fmf pipes, dyna ignition, stock timing and stock tors deleted carbs. In glamis it liked 27.5 pilots and 280 mains.

Wifes 96 is stock port, cool head with 21 cc domes, boysen reeds, toomey piped, stock carbs and likes 27.5 pilot and 270 mains....

I spent so much money on plugs I would have though I had stock in NGK...

each bike is different.

Yeah as of now I have from 240-350 mains and 25-30 pilots    Just got My Toomey needles bout a month ago    But I do need to order those bowl screws ur right there a pain always striping   And yeah I need more spark plugs only have about 6 sets left   I JUST got the jetting right but I want a little more power   

were u running an air box on those two bikes? Jetting sounded lean to me. My bike has always liked the leaner side of things people say got 290-300 and shee like 280 main 25 pilot and second to leanest needle setting plug chops come out perfect tho. Thanks man that’s a lotta of information that’s gunna help me now I just gatta choose between FAST,   Her juggs or  redline