Jetting concern w T5’s

DoubleJay

Also, when it goes back together,  make sure you don’t mix up the left and right carb bowls. Make sure to use a new line for the choke tube between the carbs. And check that the cut away on the carb slides face the back of the quad. All simple stuff, but sometimes guys get in a hurry and over look it and chase issues because they were sure they did it right. Double check everything. 

• Like 1

Sounds good to me .. how much of a bore over? What size new pistons?

Whoever bores it will measure it and tell you what size it will clean up to and then you buy the pistons and they’ll bore and finish the cylinders to match. You want to bore as little as possible that way you can do it again down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your on a budget go rent a compression tester for a dirt bike and see what your compression is. If it’s low then rebuild.
if you need a rebuild for 300 extra you can have a sponsor port it and the power difference will be substantial 

I don’t disagree that porting is very helpful, but once you start building more power on a stock crank it’s life is going to be substantially shortened. I would have ported mine but I wanted longevity so I left it stock.

• Like 1

The stock crank is stout!

Just had a few people tell me that I should upgrade it if I started to do other mods. Quite possible that it’ll take the stress of increased HP no problem. I have a dune buggy with a 2180cc Volkswagen that puts out a little more than the 60hp the stock trans was made for occasionally blow cv axles but haven’t blown a trans yet