Jetting concern w T5’s

DoubleJay

So I pulled the carbs and began deconstruction. They are in rough shape . Filthy, rusty , White deposits . Hope I can save them . One is chipped on intake I believe.  As far as the jetting is concerned .. both mains look like 370. One pilot reads 25 . Other is newer but I can’t read it . Hole does look smaller on it maybe. I need to soak these carbs for a day or two .. any ideas in what to soak them in?

2DCA95CD-02EF-43ED-8B97-B45A306CD1B9.jpeg

Too blurry I can’t read it. 270 would be close though. If they are indeed 370 mains go buy a set of 280s,290s. Also I would get a larger pilot like 27.5. Your 25s may work though but i would think 27.5 is better.
I have never ran t5 s though.
There is a sticky thread on peoples set up. Go through it and find out what people are running.

You need to figure out the mods to your bike. Does it have aftermarket reeds, porting, etc. reeds must be checked, if they’re chipped or separating get rid of them.
Porting is done to the intake, exhaust, and transfers (under the cylinder). When you take off your carbs and reeds take a picture of the intake and you’ll know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the rest of the motor is stock including air box, 27.5 pilot and 280 mains should get you right in the ball park. If it’s got pod filters, maybe 290-300 mains. 

Give it some fresh spark plugs, set the pick up gap on the flywheel, and see what it’ll do. 

• Like 1