Boyesen Rad VS. Vforce 4

Deets

I ran each of em in snowmobiles, actually just the boyesen petals on stock cages. And the vforce 3’s. 
I was kinda partial to boyesen but no issues at all with vforce. Seems like most guys are running vforce, you guys have any  feedback on em? 

• Like 1

I did rebuild, changed cylinders, pistons and along the way slapped on vf3, +4 timing plate and cool head with 21cc domes. Old cylinders were ported (not sure what port job was done) so after all that I don't feel like the bike is any faster than it was with old set up, quite contrary, feels still slower.

Even though I had to go up in jetting from 25-280 to 30-290.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, the boris said:

I did rebuild, changed cylinders, pistons and along the way slapped on vf3, +4 timing plate and cool head with 21cc domes. Old cylinders were ported (not sure what port job was done) so after all that I don't feel like the bike is any faster than it was with old set up, quite contrary, feels still slower.

Even though I had to go up in jetting from 25-280 to 30-290.

Both setups stock bore? 
I would think a good port job really brings em to life 

• Like 1

Both setups stock bore? 
I would think a good port job really brings em to life 
Old set up was bored out to the Max thus had to change them.
Port job looked quite shitty and rough to me,but looks like it did far better job than it looked lol.
On old cylinders with stock head I was getting 120 psi of compression on both and new set up is pushing out close to 140 psi, but It doesn't pull hard until you hit 6k revs and old one would start pulling hard just before you hit 5k.

18 hours ago, Deets said:

Throttle response is important to me, I’m not impressed with it on the low end now. 

Running T5’s with supposedly 65mm wisecos. I need to dial in the low end jetting a bit too. So maybe that will help 

Seemed much better this morning, good temp drop. Was about 22 degrees so I took it for a spin. It ran a lot more like what I’m after. So when it warms up this spring I may drop the pilot one 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 10:57 PM, Deets said:

Has anybody ran the the Rad Valve? 

I’ve ran the Rad’s, VF2’s, VF3’s, & VF4’s. The Rad’s are not bad and have a really nice block that always seals up. But they won’t support the bigger aftermarket cylinders like all the V Force stuff. 

• Like 1