Put new twist throttle on it's stiff ? Loss of power

I put a twist throttle on my banshee along with new 28 mm mpk carbs and it seams kinda hard to twist dont get stuck tho also dont have as much power idk if that's where I just put the carb on and it needs jetted up but when I had my 26 cheep carbs on it would hit wheelies easy I'm thinking it's just the stiff new springs in the carb and the power loss Is just form the cab needing jetted up any ideals on this problem 

You can cut a little off the springs to lighten them, dont cut too much or else you'll have a run away. Or buy softer ones from FAST. You'll need to adjust the jetting. Most run jjh or n68a needles. And like a 45 to 52 pilot and 150 to 165 main. Read the jetting guide from Duncan racing for pwk carbs.

3 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

Did you visually verify that the carbs are opening all the way with the filters off? Some of the twist throttles require the longer adjusters on the carb tops. It’s also possible the jetting needs to be sorted out to have full power as well. 

Definitely needs jets and not checked to see if they opening up all the way..if it's not opening up all the way how do I fix that because my twist throttle will twist back farther with the cable detached so I just figured it was opening all the way

On 12/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, Keno said:

You can cut a little off the springs to lighten them, dont cut too much or else you'll have a run away. Or buy softer ones from FAST. You'll need to adjust the jetting. Most run jjh or n68a needles. And like a 45 to 52 pilot and 150 to 165 main. Read the jetting guide from Duncan racing for pwk carbs.

I only have a honed cylinder bored 1 over with a vitos piston I thing it's just the regular vitos piston an I have dmc pipes running air box so I think im only going to need a 140 to 150 tops not sure on the pilots I already saved some setups on this forum close to mine definitely going to run a n68a needle tho..

On 12/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, Keno said:

You dont think a 150 main will be to big? A stock pilot is a 45 so I put a 52 in .. started out with a 150 main stock main was 138 ..My 350 has a dmc pipe trail port bored 1 over vitos piston not the power piston just regular I also and running lid on air box 

Edited by Tobynblevins

I honestly don't know. Try it and adjust as needed. That was just a general range, not a rule. Starting high is usually easier to tune. If it is 4 stroking at the top and midrange go down and repeat until cleared up. If it sounds tinny and down on power, jet up immediately. Ect. Every combination Jets a little differently and differently depending on elevation and temperature.

3 hours ago, Keno said:

I honestly don't know. Try it and adjust as needed. That was just a general range, not a rule. Starting high is usually easier to tune. If it is 4 stroking at the top and midrange go down and repeat until cleared up. If it sounds tinny and down on power, jet up immediately. Ect. Every combination Jets a little differently and differently depending on elevation and temperature.

Yea I think the pilot I put in it is good..it has a bunch of power and fast but has a little bit to much smoke and kinda week on low end and a little mid range but defantly not ritch tho I'm thinking I'm going to buy a bunch of plugs jett it ritch and start plug chopping till I get it right my pilot could be a little high but not sure