After market reeds

99sheee

New to the whole 2 stroke world so dont know much about reeds. But looking for a set to go good with my setup. Anyone have anything? Build list below. Thanks! 

-4mill crank with welded 115 rod
-66mm 795 series pistons (cylinders have been ported for the crank)
- Boss cool head with 19cc stroker domes also been ported
-chariot 2-1 carb setup with a 38mm mikuni carb.
-fmf gold series 

Vforce are your best best. You can pickup new Vforce4 for about $200 or a used set of the older ones for about half that if you shop around. The pedals are about $100 for a complete set so if you go used make sure the pedals are in good shape.

If you want the best performance port match the stuffers to your intake. When you get around to it I'd look at a new carburetor and pipe setup, they are definitely restricting that motor.

51 minutes ago, 97Screamer said:

Vforce are your best best. You can pickup new Vforce4 for about $200 or a used set of the older ones for about half that if you shop around. The pedals are about $100 for a complete set so if you go used make sure the pedals are in good shape.

If you want the best performance port match the stuffers to your intake. When you get around to it I'd look at a new carburetor and pipe setup, they are definitely restricting that motor.

Thanks ill definitely look into it. Im having a hell of a time trying to jet that carb. A carb and different exhaust is definitely in the plan eventually. On a budget at the moment

basically what is said below.  vforce 4 seem to have good power all around.  the 2 into 1 carb is choking you down some you can make it work if you really wanted it to. 

When it comes to carbs and pipes you have to base it off the type of riding you are doing, if its tight trails and woods or dunes and drags. 

57 minutes ago, ginger said:

basically what is said below.  vforce 4 seem to have good power all around.  the 2 into 1 carb is choking you down some you can make it work if you really wanted it to. 

When it comes to carbs and pipes you have to base it off the type of riding you are doing, if its tight trails and woods or dunes and drags. 

Its a drag bike. Im trying to make it work until i can afford a good set of duals.

16 hours ago, SKEETER said:

Side note, you could probably trade that 2-1 setup/carb to someone for a pair of modded stock carbs, intakes, filters .  And itll run better , and jetting will be a ton easier for you. 

Ill look into that forsure. Like i said i really dont know much about these things. Im a washed up xc racer racer that has ran nothing but 4 stroke hondas trying to get into drag racing alittle with obviously a banshee. What kind of modded stock carbs would be a good setup? Im not opposed to swapping if it makes jetting easier and benefits.

Factory banshee carbs, that have been t.o.r.s. deleted,  drilled.       But if your actually gonna be drag racing mostly,  a bigger set of carbs will be better option.    Either way, that single carb is holding you back big time.  Who built the motor, ported, etc.  ?  If we know what's actually done to it, itll be alot easier to get you setup for drag. 

46 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Factory banshee carbs, that have been t.o.r.s. deleted,  drilled.       But if your actually gonna be drag racing mostly,  a bigger set of carbs will be better option.    Either way, that single carb is holding you back big time.  Who built the motor, ported, etc.  ?  If we know what's actually done to it, itll be alot easier to get you setup for drag. 

Motor was built by previous owner which is a buddy of mine. Machine work was done by a local guy that works for a machine shop that has done all my porting and ect for years. Literally only thing this will be used for is drags. Whats my current carb setup worth? Flat side 38mm mikuni, with the chariot 2 to 1, and trinity air box. And if i were to go bigger carbs what size should i look at ect. Would like to run alky at some point.