1996 Banshee Help/Suggestions

Dmac68

All,

I removed my engine last night to reseal the case and shifter lever seal that was leaking. When I drained the oil it came out light gray and milky. Does anyone know what has failed or what I need to replace ? My guess was the water pump? I bought this banshee not running and it had been sitting for a while. I got it running and found it was only running on the left cylinder. I did some research on here and found the reed valve on the right side was bad. I replace both and put it back together and it seemed to run pretty strong but I found the right side case leaking fluid and the shifter pedal. The only modifications I know that it has is a Trinity Pro TT Stage IV cool head (stamped on side of case and top of head) and a Trinity Stage IV 2 to 1 intake. It has a single Mikuni TM carb on it But I do not know what size because those are the only markings on it. Also throttle has been changed to a Honda thumb throttle. I want to bring this Banshee back to life the right way and need suggestions on what all I should do while I have the engine out? Is there a better carb I can get for it ? Anyone near St Joe, Missouri rebuild these ? Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That^  LOCO may be willing to help out if you’re not a total doofus and are sort of able to take direction.

Time to just bite the bullet and do a full year down. Give it a once over now and you won’t have to keep taking it apart to fix one item at a time. Call FAST and ask if they are still doing their lower end package. It’s all the odd clips, retainers, and wear items that go in the motor. 

Honda throttle is good. Easy on ur thumb.
Looks like a billet clutch basket.

The plastic Bushing on Kickstarter usually rides against the cover. What does the cover look like?

F.a.s.t. Can hook u up with the rebuild seals ect...
Same with clutch or driveline.

How can I tell if the clutch is good still? After getting it running after it sat for a while I filled with new gear oil. Found the oil looked gray/milky when I drained it. I’ve heard it could be clutch material or water pump. Here are photos of the outer case and oil. Is there a reason for a hole in the case? Clutch adjustment ? f8a3b7760ac2be8ad1050266b2e373ab.jpg8a2deb4b4377ffe1287f45e89c9e9002.jpg

Yes, replace the water pump seal, and bearing. As well as what hopped up said above about coolant tube clip and o ring.

You can pull the clutch plates and mic them.

Yes someone drilled hole in cover to adjust the clutch pack. With the billet basket most likely a upgraded adjuster with pancake bearing.

Yes, replace the water pump seal, and bearing. As well as what hopped up said above about coolant tube clip and o ring.

You can pull the clutch plates and mic them.

Yes someone drilled hole in cover to adjust the clutch pack. With the billet basket most likely a upgraded adjuster with pancake bearing.

Suggestions on a billet water pump kit? Thanks for all the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Update! I pulled the head/jugs tonight. I found the pistons in it say 9355E on the top then 8963 with 69.45 MM under it in the middle. Also found the rod has a CK158 stamped on it and domes say 71m, 17cc, 2 deg. Does anyone know what kind of setup I have here? Has stage IV trinitycool head, 2 to 1 intake and single Mikuni38-85 on it. Is this a good or bad engine setup ? Also where can I get new rings/pistons for this ? New gaskets/seals for cool head? I also attached photos of part numbers. Thanks you!ff4477de662a89b1b236d8ddc613a439.jpg4f1f428d0a095cbd02f8c3e3c7705d99.jpg475cb6e74800b6abc7da753269c1eec0.jpg