XRF nerf bars and lockup

gusto

Is anyone on the site running XRF nerfs and a DD style lockup? If so how the hell did you modify your shifter? I’ve already bent the shifter to go around the lockup but now the foot pegs can’t eveb install and if they could the lever can’t go down because it hits the frame of the nerfs ...

Can you unbend it and adjust it down using the threaded rod under the rear master cylinder so that it sits under the cover and closer to the engine? I have a DD lockup cover with different nerfs and the amount of threads i have showing on the brake master push rod are 1/3 the amount you have. Ill get a pic. 

Dano, I think I just realized after watching a vid on youtube that I may have missed the top adjustment bolt under the rubber.  Shoulda used the manual.  I will report back tonight when I get back in the garage. Thanks

1 minute ago, dano3 said:

No i adjusted it earlier this week and after the jam nut was loosened i rotated the upper hex bar closest to the master which the threaded rod inserts. Its a 10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had XRF nerfs. Didn’t like them at all. The biggest pain in the ass. Especially trying to get to the kicker and starting it. Everyone says “you get used to heal kicking” I didn’t expect it to be as bad as it was. Hated them and sold them right away.

7 minutes ago, Schweet97Z said:

Had XRF nerfs. Didn’t like them at all. The biggest pain in the ass. Especially trying to get to the kicker and starting it. Everyone says “you get used to heal kicking” I didn’t expect it to be as bad as it was. Hated them and sold them right away. 

Cant remember if it was XRF or Alba, but it was this issue I had on a friend's quad. Had to use my heel. Then the kickers got stuck in the heel guard. It was terrible.  I wouldn't use any nerf bars that didn't have extra clearance for kicking.