Aftermarket cdi?

prb

Has anyone used any of the aftermarket cdi units with any luck. I checked my stator and it checks out ok so it may be my cdi causing my problems. The bike sounds like it is fouling plugs when I’m riding it. I changed the coil with a known good one with  no difference. I can’t switch with my sons cdi cause the plugs are different. 

Has anyone used any of the aftermarket cdi units with any luck. I checked my stator and it checks out ok so it may be my cdi causing my problems. The bike sounds like it is fouling plugs when I’m riding it. I changed the coil with a known good one with  no difference. I can’t switch with my sons cdi cause the plugs are different. 
I bought a bike with a Ricks cdi and it ran fine. I switched it to oem for piece of mind though. They are cheap enough you might want to consider it as I've heard of people whose bikes wouldn't run or run poorly with the real cheap ones. In a pinch you can back out the pins on the plugs with a jewelers flathead screwdriver and swap cdi.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yea I was thinking of buying an adapter plug in eBay so I could try his cdi. I don’t mind spending the money on a oem one if I know that is what I need. I’m just not the type of person to just keep throwing parts at it till it works. Especially with how expensive the OEM CDI and stator is.