First Clutch Change '04 Shee

dttuner

Ya'll banshee experts have probably done this in your sleep while holding a beer. This qas my first clutch, after melting it having too much fun in the recent snowfall.

It felt real bad when I melted the clutch (also my first time), so I was glad to see no visible damage to any gears.

Replacing with Tusk HD disks and hardware, new gasket, new 80w gear oil, new EngineICE, and fixing the rattling kick start while its off.

*standby for pics

11 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

You should check the clutch basket for play while you’re in there. It might need cushions.

Good call.  How much play is too much?

Any good vids of clutch play and/or install?

Edited by dttuner

Sweet jesus.... one of the screw/bolts broke inside the clutch plate basket....head broke right off.

SWEAR i used my torque wrench set to 8 lbs. Granted, its a cheaper wrench and may be way off calibration. FUCK.

Do I attempt to get the bolt stem out, drill/tap the hole, or just pay up for whole new basket?

Edited by dttuner

only thing you need a torque wrench for is the cases/cylinder and head!!! everything just do hand tight ive done the same thing on the clutch hub before when i changed my first clutch bc some idiot on here told me to use a torque wrench on everything and i listened 

Edited by Ayesully810

1 hour ago, sheerider11 said:

I've only ever torqued the bolts correctly on 1 engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Manual says 7.4 ft/lbs.
I hand tighteneed, and then snugged with torque wrench.
So pissed...

Fresh screw extractor set should help solve it.