Beater Build

BigRed350x

Yeah, hoping to have something together by spring to take out with the RZR when we ride.

You can throw the 2-5 in an empty set of cases like I had in the above pics, attach a drill to the input shaft and set a zip tie on the throttle so it spins at a set speed (slow) and just click it through the gears and see if it shifts up properly.  Just don't get all wild and crazy with it or spin it so fast the bearings get hot or bushings get hot on the trans shafts.  You could drip a little oil on the free spinning gear bushings on the trans shafts before you start.  

Edited by BigRed350x

On 9/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, BigRed350x said:

Yeah, hoping to have something together by spring to take out with the RZR when we ride.

You can throw the 2-5 in an empty set of cases like I had in the above pics, attach a drill to the input shaft and set a zip tie on the throttle so it spins at a set speed (slow) and just click it through the gears and see if it shifts up properly.  Just don't get all wild and crazy with it or spin it so fast the bearings get hot or bushings get hot on the trans shafts.  You could drip a little oil on the free spinning gear bushings on the trans shafts before you start.  

man that is a freakin genius idea on how to bench test !  i wish i would have thought of that. not that it mattered though since that shift star came off lol ill save that method for future use.  usually just spin it by hand.  I read Mull (I think) or someone say on here, that if it doesnt shift completely perfect during bench test (like hanging on 4,5, gear) not to worry because the bikes gotta be running for it to shift the way its intended.  thats been my experience atleast in real life

Edited by Ayesully810

• 1 month later...