Beed drag gearing & setup advice

This old banshee

On 7/24/2018 at 8:01 PM, This old banshee said:

I lost to all 3 pretty handily, the QuadZilla pulls 8 bikes on me by 3rd gear. It's has BIG low RPM power.

are you sure your not driving a blaster?? a tuned 4mil is tough to beat with those single cyl setups

On 7/24/2018 at 8:01 PM, This old banshee said:

Get Shearer or CPI pipes

HD clutch

33-35 PWK

DWT blue labels with Extremes or haulers

13 front sprocket

recut dome

those would be my changes. The shearers tend to work well on all the motor set ups.

my 4 mil banshee couldn’t beat my ported and piped zilla. It was close though. Zilla has 55tq and was a beast out of the hole. If you do the mods above you should be close.

what stator are you running for those lights?

12 hours ago, mike0chek said:

are you sure your not driving a blaster?? a tuned 4mil is tough to beat with those single cyl setups

Just a lil 411 for ya...as far as the modified 250R is concerned.

He's never lost a drag race vs any Banshees he's raced in almost 5 years. Mind you he doesn't race "full on drag "Banshees and he really doesn't drag race only, he's a duner guy.

That's what makes his bike so fun, he's bruised alot of egos

He's spent over $ 7.000 on a full BDT engine along with extensive port work from Rob Selvy and several pipes built by Kenny Roberts to acheive the performance level it's at.

He was told by Selvy that it is likely one of the most powerful three-wheeler motors he has ever built ,  for Mr.. Selvy to say that is quite a statement.

Keep in mind that's on a 38 year old 3 wheeler.

As for the QyadZilla. We were all pretty surprised. 

Obviously , we all know it's common knowledge that a single cylinder Quad Zilla has substantially more torque than a Banshee to start with.  This particular one apparently takes it to another level @  555 cc w Portwork and then exhaust pipe that is the size of a fire hydrant.. I suppose that old saying no replacement for displacement applies cuz it's fast and it's the first time he's ever ridden it... Which was so funny. 

you have to keep in mind that these are bikes that are rideable..not dedicated single use drag port bikes ... Those drag bikes are just in a totally different realm of existence and speed.

You might want to research the difference between  a MX /trailport stock cylinder 4 mil and a drag ported 4 mil or Cub cylinder, Athena etcetera. For my bike to lay down HP and TQ figures like it does .....it's no slouch it's certainly not at the level of a CPI Serval or the faster Cheetah setups. But it's pretty darn quick faster than I'm capable of riding .... Especially at my age you don't crash and walk away. It's all good though it's just good fun.

Taking a 60 mile ride today with some friends, thank goodness they have race fuel stored in cabins!  The way this thing sucks gas  w 33s I'd never make it.

I should have stuck with my instincts and utilized the 26mm carbs  as the fuel mileage is almost double that versus larger PWKs.

There's a good reason you don't see many desert racing Banshees with big carbs. Lol 😂

2 hours ago, gusto said:

Get Shearer or CPI pipes

HD clutch

33-35 PWK

DWT blue labels with Extremes or haulers

13 front sprocket

recut dome

those would be my changes. The shearers tend to work well on all the motor set ups.

my 4 mil banshee couldn’t beat my ported and piped zilla. It was close though. Zilla has 55tq and was a beast out of the hole. If you do the mods above you should be close.

what stator are you running for those lights?

Thanks for the input!  Yea the tq. Is where it's at on the Zilla they certainly define "beast". 

The stator was a 200 watt Ricky..but it had a issue,  to temp go back to stock,until I buy a new one. Adding a 200° LED race lamp soon.

1.) I can bump my setup with interchangable domes (Chariot Head) domes are spec custom. He'll make me seriously for More gusto if I want it .

2.) Already have the 33PWKs.

3.) Will go 13 front. Most bang for the buck and swap back as soon as I am done.

4.) Definitely the Shearers.. especially since they are so versatile.

5.) I have 8 paddle Skat tack Gliders right now..so Haulers, or are a good recomendation. , Thanks

6.) OH YES!  a HD clutch.

Any advice as to a particular brand...I need a fairly easy pull as my hands cramp easily. Arm pump...dammit.

I'll go hydraulic clutch if necessary.

Thanks for the  first hand information and no internet BS👍 

Like you ...I think I'll be right in the mix

5 hours ago, This old banshee said:

He's never lost a drag race vs any Banshees he's raced in almost 5 years. Mind you he doesn't race "full on drag "Banshees and he really doesn't drag race only, he's a duner guy.

well its easy for him to not lose a drag race if he hides from drag banshees lol just saying...

59 minutes ago, gusto said:

9/10 zilla riding around are dogs. No one wants to do the correct mods on them or send them to the right builders. Once they go to those builders and get the right pipe they’re impressive 

this one was dialed in pretty good running vp110, but im sure more power is on the table

7 hours ago, This old banshee said:

Thanks for the input!  Yea the tq. Is where it's at on the Zilla they certainly define "beast". 

The stator was a 200 watt Ricky..but it had a issue,  to temp go back to stock,until I buy a new one. Adding a 200° LED race lamp soon.

1.) I can bump my setup with interchangable domes (Chariot Head) domes are spec custom. He'll make me seriously for More gusto if I want it .

2.) Already have the 33PWKs.

3.) Will go 13 front. Most bang for the buck and swap back as soon as I am done.

4.) Definitely the Shearers.. especially since they are so versatile.

5.) I have 8 paddle Skat tack Gliders right now..so Haulers, or are a good recomendation. , Thanks

6.) OH YES!  a HD clutch.

Any advice as to a particular brand...I need a fairly easy pull as my hands cramp easily. Arm pump...dammit.

I'll go hydraulic clutch if necessary.

Thanks for the  first hand information and no internet BS👍 

Like you ...I think I'll be right in the mix

Driveline, FAST and Redline all sell top clutches. I ran a Tusk which is cheap and held on my 4 mil stocker. Use only half of the HD springs and use stock for the rest, it will help with the pull. Your builders mx port might be another builders drag port or vice versa so you might want to dyno your bike after all the mods. If you find your in the 80 hp you should think of a lockup. 

Without a doubt you should invest in a pro mod tranny.

the Magura hydraulic clutch kits is a real nice unit if you have the money. I just noticed the Chinese have copied them and make it for a fraction of the price. Might be worthwhile to have a look.

6 hours ago, mike0chek said:

well its easy for him to not lose a drag race if he hides from drag banshees lol just saying...

Lol, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, no matter how bad ass it is.😉

Like I said.."dedicated" drag bikes are in a class of their own.

I don't think I've ever watched a drag Banshee seriously race anything else but another ...drag Banshee..

6 hours ago, mike0chek said:

and im not bashing no zillas to be clear lol i finally got to drive one last year and def impressive torque but didnt scream up top like the shee

I can confirm that! His was kinda a rat bike...but the motor combo was tight..it's impressive.

Easily hands down the most powerful quad ever built.."in stock form" you have to have a well built 4mil Banshee to equal one, and a ported 4mul to beat one. Not even open to debate.

I live that thing.. if it wasn't such a mutha fuc#er to start I'd love to have one... It certainly is a man's quad not saying that I couldn't eventually kick it over but it is quite an brutal exercise. I was just reading some posts about the Quadzilla is here on this site many people sold them because they just can't start them...lol I don't know why they didn't do a compression release?

541-367-2453

Call that number, get out credit card, send bike there, he will run your card when completed, and send bike back. This is the ONLY way you are going to be successful at your goals. Your ignorance and lack of clues will prevent you from succeeding otherwise. Welcome to the bangshee game, it's an expensive game to play.