Blaster help

Hey guys anyone here ever work on or have any experience with Yamaha blasters? I just picked one up very cheap and am having powerband issues. Never had any issues with blasters I've done a top end on one before but never experienced diagnosing issues with them. If anyone can give me some advice that would be great

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey guys anyone here ever work on or have any experience with Yamaha blasters? I just picked one up very cheap and am having powerband issues. Never had any issues with blasters I've done a top end on one before but never experienced diagnosing issues with them. If anyone can give me some advice that would be great

Powerband probably broke, replace it with the purple one they’re on blasterhq.com cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, arena314 said:

Blasters are easy=no powervalves

It has a filter with no lid and a pro circuit pipe and silencer and tors delete. Otherwise it's all stock and has a fresh rebuilt top end. It idle and revs fine in neutral but the idle hangs bad at times and it has no power when you ride it. When you mash the throttle it just sounds dead it doesmt big or break up it just makes noise and doesnt hit power band. Feels like it's way rich or the carb is dirty. It has a stock 32.5 pilot and a 250 main jet and I took the whole carb apart and sprayed over a can of carb spray through every hole. Also put a fresh plug in it

Well I pulled the reeds to inspect them and see how they look. I could see light through the pedals so I flipped them and it didnt help bc they still had a slight gap so I put them back in anyway to see if anything changed and noticed when I took them off there was no gasket or rtv around the red or red boot so I rtv them back on which fixed the idle hang so that could of been my air leak.. but engine still runs the same it womt hit power. I might buy new reeds and go from there

I'm not sure I havent checked it because he said the top end was fresh and I could tell the jug looks new bc it has fresh black paint on it. I was thinking though I probably should check compression anyway what's reasonable compression on a stock blaster?

2 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

My educated guess is crank seals or gaskets had an air leak and that’s what fried the other top end . So before you blow a new top end do th proper testing. Does it have the oil block off for the injection 

#1 STOP RIDING IT until you fix the issues or you will be doing another top end.

#2 do a compression and leak down test.

#3 report results here