Is there a dedicated sport atv that handles worse than a banshee?

48 minutes ago, ZillaFreak said:

Blaster (if you count it as a sports quad), same with warrior.

they are all designed by that same Yamaha factory janitor.....

No Holyman I don't think so. Even the old tecates and suzuki 2 strokes handled way better than the banshee

The Tecate 4 is the worst stock as far as I know, massive bump steer, everything is inches off, where it should be

A stock lt250r is also not much better the rear is worse with its backwards shock/linkage

a quadzilla 500 is a tiny bit better than a lt250r yet not any better than a banshee

But ya just about any other 250r 450r, and big bore is better in  frame qeometry

Simple i owned all of them, some i still do. 2x lt250r's, still have a quadzilla that is mint. Also still have a two trx250r a trx 450r a trx450r hybrid and multiple other brand 450r's, oh ya and a few big bore sport quads

The Tec i only ever seen/experinced once a stock unit, they can be fixed like any machine, but stock are like a clown car with egg shaped wheels.

Theres some fellows in the NW that are tec4 wizzards they know what they need. They also hoard all the good parts for them too haha

The LT250R change the suspensions 3 times through out the year and it is light years ahead of a banshee. The 90-92 LT250R handles way better than a banshee. It is roughly 50lbs lighter and wider. It is nimbler in the woods and on a track than a banshee. Stock, the LT250R will out perform a banshee all day.

The zilla handles worse than its smaller sibling, but it does ride smoother in the dunes than most other quads (besides the DS650) because of it massive size. The zilla is just too heavy for good handling and isn't nimble enough.

With most sports quad, adding better shocks and widers a-arms helps out.

I’ve owned them all also and probably still have the 3/4 wheel action magazines that compares them. My experience is the same as Zillas and the magazines. 

If your talking 85-86 lt250r I MIGHT agree with that but still think they’re a better handler. 

Tecate were too narrow but fastest 250 in stock form.

250R hands down the king of handling. Light years ahead of everything else

I had an 85, 86 and an 87 LT250R all three of them handled better than my banshee. 87 handled the best, was excellent once I put aftermarket shocks on it. the motor was a piece of shit though.

87 has the LT500 intake size with the first year of the power valve. and the better swingarm design, I must had fixed the 85/86 ones 3 or 4 times each before I sold them

the 85/86 lt250r were terrible, the engine sucked and the frame was too narrow. The 87 was a lot better but still had some issue.

The 87 had a power valve, longer stroke, and 6 gears, the 86 was bigger bore, non PV and 5 speed. I loved my brothers old 92, was fun and so light. His hybrid is better too but the suzuki needs too much work to keep running.

I’ve ridden the LT 250 and 500 and they handled like shit.  Horrible center of gravity and felt so top heavy.   Is also rode a bombardier and would have rather been on unicycle!  

Edited by Big Mike NY