front and rear brakes set-up

moneybags

Any body ever hook their front and rear brakes up on the same brake master cylinder. Preferable the rear. Ive been thinking it would be nice to combined the both. Kinda like a vehical. I know the front brakes provide better stopping power. I hardly find my self using them. Any useful info would be greatly appreciated on the subject.

Thanks

if you want to learn to ride using the front brakes effectively,  just dont have rear brakes for a while.   I had a rear brake issue for a while and so they wouldnt really work, and so you depend on using the fronts.  then when you get rears back, you can manage both properly lol

14 hours ago, moneybags said:

Any body ever hook their front and rear brakes up on the same brake master cylinder. Preferable the rear. Ive been thinking it would be nice to combined the both. Kinda like a vehical. I know the front brakes provide better stopping power. I hardly find my self using them. Any useful info would be greatly appreciated on the subject.

Thanks

Polaris did this, some others have too. It sucks and can be dangerous when all brakes are tied together. IE didn't make a hill climb, so you have to go back down, lock up the fronts so it slows down, but if you lock up rear, it could flip over (seen this happen).

It is better to have 2 separate systems. You can change up the bias of front/rear all the times to what you need.

21 hours ago, ZillaFreak said:

Polaris did this, some others have too. It sucks and can be dangerous when all brakes are tied together. IE didn't make a hill climb, so you have to go back down, lock up the fronts so it slows down, but if you lock up rear, it could flip over (seen this happen).

It is better to have 2 separate systems. You can change up the bias of front/rear all the times to what you need.

100% true.