Completely baffled, running issue, can not figure this thing out...

7 minutes ago, gusto said:

Hmmmmmm you cut back the plug wires and changed out the CDI? 

Would love to see an updated video of you driving through all the gears

hmmm, you may be onto something with the coil wires, however I didnt cut the wires back as the coil is only about 6 months old, and I swapped a coil from my buddies bike as well making no difference.  I had another CDI, albeit an aftermarket one, that I had swapped out way back in my orig diag, and Kevin had his own CDI on his bike that my motor was swapped in, still the same.

I was trying to think of what was different on Kevins chassis compared to mine, which would be the coil, wiring harness, CDI, and fuel lines/fuel tank.  Already tried shortening/straightening the fuel lines to no avail.

I havent taken another video of it as it runs pretty much the same as it did in that first video, it will barely move in the higher gears unless i get good enough momentum in the lower ones.  

Edited by bikerbill2021

39 minutes ago, gusto said:

OEM coil on your bike or aftermarket?

tru running a ground from your engine (stud) to your frame just for the hell of it

cant see Kevin lying if there was a problem

likely aftermarket, got it from that ebay seller that has like a barn full of those bikes, he used to be on here.  However ive already swapped a known good coil from my buddies bike, to no avail.  

Also I have ran a ground strap from engine to frame as well, just for added assurance

1 minute ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Wiring harness, I've seen one ohm test good, but in this case had the wires from the pickup coil actually down to few strands. It ran fine but would fall on it's face and stutter when the RPM climbed.

I removed the wiring harness, went through and removed all unnecessary TORS wiring and what not, ohmed out and visually inspected all terminals and crimps of each individual wire, and re-wrapped it, all was good, made no difference 

1 hour ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

This had wires (all but a few, 2 or 3) broken inside the insulation.  Undetectable until they completely broke.

Although I've ran across it before on GM HEI distributor harnesses and if you feel every mm you can feel the soft spot.

ill have to check it out

59 minutes ago, kawa110 said:

How far from HJR you?

about 6 hours, he's in San Diego, Im in Phoenix 

I do apologize if you checked already, but did to clean off a frame where the coil mounts and your frame ground wire ect. This does seem odd that you are having this issue. We used same builder with same mods other then the head.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I know that you have been through the electrical side of the bike per the first post but are you using the stock kill switch? My bike had an intermittent bog issue when hot and i could induce it/ resolve it by playing with the kill switch connector near the radiator. Ended up fixing it by putting some dielectric grease on the pins and wrapping a ziptie around the connector to compress it. it would rev out when in neutral but any load on the bike and moderate throttle it would fall on its face due to a weak spark. Something quick/ easy to check before pulling it apart.  

2 hours ago, Canadianshee said:

I do apologize if you checked already, but did to clean off a frame where the coil mounts and your frame ground wire ect. This does seem odd that you are having this issue. We used same builder with same mods other then the head.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Its all good, I did try that and cleaned the ground point off by the voltage regulator a while back, but sadly no difference 

13 minutes ago, dano3 said:

I know that you have been through the electrical side of the bike per the first post but are you using the stock kill switch? My bike had an intermittent bog issue when hot and i could induce it/ resolve it by playing with the kill switch connector near the radiator. Ended up fixing it by putting some dielectric grease on the pins and wrapping a ziptie around the connector to compress it. it would rev out when in neutral but any load on the bike and moderate throttle it would fall on its face due to a weak spark. Something quick/ easy to check before pulling it apart.  

thats interesting, yes the stock switch is on the bike, I did swap it with my buddies b/c I was having a lighting issue, but have since put it back.  Ill have to check into that, good call