Outlaw banshee vs stock frame with suspension upgrades

vroomy

^ this.
Was lookin into the outlaw when people wanted to do a group buy.

But with how much they cost, an special parts ect. I'd never be able to really ride it without fear of fuckin it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be damned if I ever build something and don't completely torture it. That's a whole lot of money spent on caution.

Then again, I'm not cool with spending money unnecessarily. I'd say build a hybrid. A long travel YFZ build is probably going to be just as good as or better than an Outlaw.

You could do a YFZR hybrid. THAT would be the ticket. Buy the chassis and all my stock spares and fill in the gaps from classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The average rider will never notice the difference between an Outlaw and OEM with LT arms/shocks. Unless you’re a near pro MX rider or are bombing huge jumps, you’ll never use an Outlaw to its full potential.

Save a ton of time and money and upgrade the front and rear of an OEM chassis and ride it.

I’d go with Fox shocks, but that’s just my opinion. I prefer them over Elka.

• 2 weeks later...

Being that I have had all the above..

lt banshee stock chassis is meh  it will work ok  most riders will never really push them to their full potential. BUT

the outlaw shines in its OH SHIT moments and what it will absorb and make you look like a pro.  I rode mine like it owed me money  never a dull moment on that bike.  there were many many moments I felt this is it  I'm wrecking the shit out of it right meow.  it would just take it and land on all 4's ,  the main reason I sold it was I was starting to get the YFZ conversion going and honestly I wasn't even able to push it to its limits  I'm old and fat and just not a jumper.  I felt at that time that I was so beat I couldn't ride anymore.  

the YFZ conversion IF DONE RIGHT!!!!! is an amazing bike  it is by far the most fun I have had on a trail type banshee. with it the lighter weight overall and the geo of the yfz seat/ bars/ pegs  is just really really nice.  I could only imagine what it would be like if someone did an LTR that is the only other chassis I have rode that I felt was a great canidate for an aggressive rider.  the ltr has more nose room and might be able to tuck the pipes in more.. my particular yfz was built out of an old MX pro level bike.  the chassis/ suspension is about the same feeling as the outlaw.  and it should be  the rear is nearly the same setup ( cr500 link style)  that with quad rate elkas and all the other junk it has id a very comfy and fun bike to ride.  unless you find an mx yfz with a toasty motor the amount your going to spend to get to the level of the outlaws chassis will be about the same.  if your going to do a conversion  buy one that's built to the max.  even if it costs a lil more $$$$  my donor cost me 3500.00 and I sold the yfz 4 choke motor out of it right away