2005 Banshee MX Project

Mackington

10 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

looks real good

u got Duncan motor coming right?

Thanks man! I ended up going with CT Racing. Just talked to them today in fact and they should be finished this week! :D 

Here’s the engine package I went with:

Banshee 400 Stroker Kit…

Kit includes: CT cylinder porting, cylinder boring, head re-chambering, case machining, shift detent star modification, timing advance; new stroker crank, piston kits, main bearings and seals, complete gasket set, and engine tear down and assembly.

• This motor kit puts out low 70s horsepower with stock carbs and even more horsepower with larger carbs!
  • Fun to ride and very reliable.
  • Our most popular Banshee motor k”

I also needed a new clutch which was not included. I went with Hinson components on that front.

4 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

sweetness. Stick with stock carbs or 28 pwks if you gunna be mx'ing.  any bigger and you will lose low end powa.

Cool good to know! Would the 28mm PWKs offer much performance gain over the stock ones?

I've deleted the TORS on the stock carbs and found some cool over-sized billet bowls from Driveline Performance (mostly for easy access to main jets lol)

Yeah I mean if it were me I would probably get the 28 pwks u will a little more power from them, but if u do stay stock u can always bore em and get the over sized bowls.  Those would really just be for the ease of jet access which is nice on stock carbs.  

3 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

Yeah I mean if it were me I would probably get the 28 pwks u will a little more power from them, but if u do stay stock u can always bore em and get the over sized bowls.  Those would really just be for the ease of jet access which is nice on stock carbs.  

Cool! i'll keep an eye out for deals haha Thanks man!