Stock Petcock 35PWK's with Oversized Bowls Question?

Dalton

6 hours ago, spurdy said:

Over sized bowls only help out for short term runs. If your racing down a fire road once the bowl is depleted your back to relying on your petcock flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if his pingel has 5/16 outlets its probly around .75gal per min each outlet which far exceeds what the engine will consume. IF theres a restriction it would be in the float valve. u can modify it to pass more fuel if u know what your doing

if his pingel has 5/16 outlets its probly around .75gal per min each outlet which far exceeds what the engine will consume. IF theres a restriction it would be in the float valve. u can modify it to pass more fuel if u know what your doing

Wasn't my point in the slightest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, registered user said:

IF theres a restriction it would be in the float valve. u can modify it to pass more fuel if u know what your doing

I did that to my old 30oko's. i cross drilled two holes right after the needle seats. If that's what you mean.

15 hours ago, registered user said:

Where did you pull this number? Out of your ass?

You do know that flow rate relies on other factors than just nozzle size. 

Also, the float valve wouldn't be the only restriction. You have a lot to learn.

zilla theres no point in getting numbers down to the nats ass because its irrelevant in this discussion. .75 is aproximate guess based on what i know other pingel valves will flow. point is, dual pingel flow rate is far beyond what his engine will require, assuming his cap is free flowing. thus making the float valve the bottle neck. 

hows them ti rods working out ? complete failure or .......

8 minutes ago, registered user said:

zilla theres no point in getting numbers down to the nats ass because its irrelevant in this discussion. .75 is aproximate guess based on what i know other pingel valves will flow. point is, dual pingel flow rate is far beyond what his engine will require, assuming his cap is free flowing. thus making the float valve the bottle neck. 

hows them ti rods working out ? complete failure or .......

So you did pull it out of your ass. Like I said, your number is just a guess, and the float valve isn't the only restriction in flow if you have a pingle. But the rods are going great, can you remind everyone what you have ever done? You are just another nobody that just swaps parts. 

are the rods h beam or I beam? I designed a set of h beam offset length for a 7mm and 4mm crank. 

My thinking was to be able to use stock pistons (stock or long rod versions) and not need to change port configuration for the stroke change.

I just never made the time to actually machine them.

Edited by Toybreaker
machining