Banshee weight reduction?

Hey guys I don't know if I'm quite posting his in the right section but I need some help again!

i have decided what I'm going to do for rebuilding my motor but while the quad is torn apart I had the thought of making it lighter! I was going to start with a parking brake delete and tors delete kit along with some smaller led headlights. The question is, is there any other tricks without spending a s*%t load of money to help drop some weight?

now I'm 5'6 weighting about 190. I used to way about 210 so I know dropping weight will help but seeing that's a time consuming process I'm working on, is there anything I can do now to the bike to help?

any advice will be helpful!

Cut tabs, new sub frame, smaller gas tank, smaller radiator, naked frame, titanium bolts, narrower axle, spindle front wheels, have the cases machined, shave the seat or run a pan seat, foot pegs, take a shit, eat like JT.

Keno basically gave you the run down... but something so easy that is over looked is rims and tires. So often i see people spend all kinds of money on motor builds and yet they choose the run the heaviest rim a tire combo. Rotating mass is HUGE. Invest in a decent rim and tire.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 5:44 PM, JTmachining said:

How's this Banshee being used?

It'll mainly be used for dune riding/ dune drags. I already have 8" aluminum doubles wheels in the rear and 10" aluminum Douglas wheels in the front. So I have that part covered. A lot of people keep saying Swiss cheese and hack up the frame but where are some good places to be making cuts that won't majorly affect the integrity of the frame?

It'll mainly be used for dune riding/ dune drags. I already have 8" aluminum doubles wheels in the rear and 10" aluminum Douglas wheels in the front. So I have that part covered. A lot of people keep saying Swiss cheese and hack up the frame but where are some good places to be making cuts that won't majorly affect the integrity of the frame?

Just take a look at pics on BHQ I've posted and info I've posted. I wouldn't go cray if it's a dune R set up