Lock up clutch

SlowMoe

Oh. Well then.... sand will load your bike very hard and put a lot of strain on clutch. My 421 i was referring to were hill climb bikes and i never got out of 3rd gear. Dune riding your usually in higher gears making it harder on clutch. Like i said before, I personally would get a clutch kit from redline and try that. If it dont hold, you can always add lockup/cover. If you were only riding only dirt id say you could have 400 hp and not run a lockup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayesully810 said:

idk why everybody says that your clutch will be harder to pull at higher rpms with a lockup.  My clutch pull doesn't change at all through out the RPM range with my dl lock up. anyone care to explain?  I don't have a pro mod tranny but I do have the shift pro arm and modded shift star. I run 6 heavy springs with my FAST clutch in a chariot basket

You have SLP pipes if i remember correctly, i have shearer. I turn a lot more rpms than you when WOT so it will be harder. That's my 2 cents.

Why do you have anything other than stock springs with a lockup? That's making the clutch harder to pull in for nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, RagunCajun said:

You have SLP pipes if i remember correctly, i have shearer. I turn a lot more rpms than you when WOT so it will be harder. That's my 2 cents.

Plus why do you have anything other than stock springs with a lockup? That's making the clutch harder to pull in for nothing.

because that's what I had when I changed to my lock up. My forearms jacked the pull aint hard lol

Are you sure your clutch is slipping?
When mine did on the dyno it made a noise I never heard before. It was awful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah you can see it on the dyno plus when I'm riding the RPM's will just shoot up with a subsequent lack of acceleration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Dyno is showing slip, then your motor is actually making more then it showed. It's quite possible you are overwhelming the clutch springs and pack. Especially if it's some  junk set up from Tusk or something similar. Many of the generic clutches out there don't really hold more then 65-70 hp even with what they call HD springs. Hit up Driveline, Redline, or Fast for a quality set up. If that doesn't fix it, throw a lock up at it. 

If the Dyno is showing slip, then your motor is actually making more then it showed. It's quite possible you are overwhelming the clutch springs and pack. Especially if it's some  junk set up from Tusk or something similar. Many of the generic clutches out there don't really hold more then 65-70 hp even with what they call HD springs. Hit up Driveline, Redline, or Fast for a quality set up. If that doesn't fix it, throw a lock up at it. 

Yeah, I think on most of these big name builders' dynos my motor would make 75 hp+. I too suspect poor quality clutch plates though. I've seen race gas servals with no lock up and no slip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk