Looking for the best route for a 10mil trail banshee

Paulie B

On 8/10/2017 at 1:50 PM, Paulie B said:

It's gonna take several weeks. He's going to have to get the jugs unplated, work them, and then have them plated

I wonder what that will do for power delivery compared to previous ones he built.

Anyways, I sure hope you have some very wide trails with long straits and very wide turns. Otherwise you will be under the powerband the most time.

Go no longer than a stock length swing arm.

Going with BBIF shearers, sniper or LED? I find shearers are high strung on the engine. But Id assume he will set up your power delivery different from mine. Mines more open field play stuff.

I wonder what that will do for power delivery compared to previous ones he built.
Anyways, I sure hope you have some very wide trails with long straits and very wide turns. Otherwise you will be under the powerband the most time.
Go no longer than a stock length swing arm.
Going with BBIF shearers, sniper or LED? I find shearers are high strung on the engine. But Id assume he will set up your power delivery different from mine. Mines more open field play stuff.

That's how mine was built. Ported before plated

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a 10 cub ported before plate. 39mm pwk carbs, vf4, WCR tranny, ect ect. +6 swinger and its a trail bike. Power everywhere. Run a 14 41 gear with 20 inch tires. Very easy to ride slow or fast. Would do it again in a heart beat. If it cant go slow its built wrong. Mine is easier to go slow and put a round then it was when it was stock.  

Its gone from.. 

Stock bolt on bike to

4 mill stock dune play port  to

4 mill 421 serval to

to a 465 cub.

All three were better then stock. 465 is the best and 4 mill stock dune play would be second. The serval was fine but the stock cylinder was better. 

On 11/2/2017 at 1:22 AM, 2004LEBanshee said:

If it cant go slow its built wrong.

Just because it can, doesnt mean it's best for someone. Mine with a +6 could tractor up levees and go through trails with little effort. But i hated every second of it.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:24 PM, SlowMoe said:

A properly built 521 will blow the tires off unless you are in the sand with a shitload of paddle or drag racing on asphalt.

Waste of money on trails in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you do know throttle control is a thing right... if all you know how to do is whack the throttle WOT everytime you give it gas... i could see why you stated that comment lol.

nothing like grabbing a hand full of WOT in a curve and ending up mangled in a tree

3 hours ago, ride.race.live said:

you do know throttle control is a thing right... if all you know how to do is whack the throttle WOT everytime you give it gas... i could see why you stated that comment lol.

All the goons who ride like that drive me nuts when they are in our riding groups. Every where they go it's just brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap turn brap brap straight brrrraaaaaap turn brap brap brap brap brap brap... Obnoxious! Hell there's a guy next door doing it with the leaf blower now and I'm gritting my teeth.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, 2004LEBanshee said:

I have a 10 cub ported before plate. 39mm pwk carbs, vf4, WCR tranny, ect ect. +6 swinger and its a trail bike. Power everywhere. Run a 14 41 gear with 20 inch tires. Very easy to ride slow or fast. Would do it again in a heart beat. If it cant go slow its built wrong. Mine is easier to go slow and put a round then it was when it was stock.  

Its gone from.. 

Stock bolt on bike to

4 mill stock dune play port  to

4 mill 421 serval to

to a 465 cub.

All three were better then stock. 465 is the best and 4 mill stock dune play would be second. The serval was fine but the stock cylinder was better. 

What didn't you like about the serval?

All the goons who ride like that drive me nuts when they are in our riding groups. Every where they go it's just brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap brap turn brap brap straight brrrraaaaaap turn brap brap brap brap brap brap... Obnoxious! Hell there's a guy next door doing it with the leaf blower now and I'm gritting my teeth.

Lol.

I mean let’s be real here.... anything with aftermarket exhaust is annoying enough to listen to after enough time.

Loud pipes save lives? No loud pipes piss people off and get trails closed.

2 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

Lol.

I mean let’s be real here.... anything with aftermarket exhaust is annoying enough to listen to after enough time.

Loud pipes save lives? No loud pipes piss people off and get trails closed.

I'm not bothered till some yutz has to sit there and blip the throttle a bajillion times going down a straight away or rev it to the moon over and over while it's parked. 

On 11/3/2017 at 7:44 PM, Paulie B said:

What didn't you like about the serval?

The serval was a great motor it was kind of a let down over the ported stock 4 mill IMO. I expected a nice bump in power and it wasn't there. My stock dune play 4 mill was a great set up probably better low end and a smoother pull. After a year of the serval I went right to the 10 cub. No let down here.