What To Do After Top End Rebuild

Sup fellas, just finished a top-end rebuild on a banshee I purchased not too long ago.

A lot of you may already be familiar with the quad I'm talking about ( if not, 2003 stock crank, now 66.50 bore, slight porting, CPIS, stock carbs.... 310 jet)

After fresh cylinder Bore and new pistons 66.50, new domes previously 18cc now 21cc. I assembled the babe up to the head. installed the reeds,carbs, and pipes, covered up all the holes and left it at that.

My question is, what should I do to the quad before running it? Obviously warm up etc before going out for a ride. But I'm going to look up on how to do a leak down test on the quad. Make sure everything is sealed properly. After that I'll probably do a compression test to make sure both sides are good. Then what should be my next move?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Will do, just seen a video on how to leakdown test, I know someone on this site said you can make one yourself so I'm gonna look into that. Should check for leaks before the heat cycle and before compression test even am I right? 

No. Don't run extra oil for break in. Assuming you put a little oil around on the rings on assembly 32:1 is plenty of oil. You might have noticed a oil pooling in the cases when you did the top end. People break engines in different, me personally I prefer putting a load on the engine as soon as possible after a couple short heat cycles

• Like 1

So I went in between what you guys are telling me and the manual so I ran about 6oz per gal filled so about 20:1 with the Yamalube.

Got her to fire up, Heat cycled for about 8 mins while keeping an eye on the temp of the cylinders and radiator. cylinders felt like they warmed up nice and even, the top radiator was hotter than the center of it.. so I'm assuming all is good.

Let her cool down for about hour and a half came back fired her up and took her out for a little 5 minute ride. rode through all the gears mostly lower gears, didn't hit WOT, tried to stay below the 1/2 range on the lower gears and about 2/3 and below on 4+.. Got back home turned her off and she definitely got a lot hotter on the ride than in the heat cycle... cylinders i could only touch momentarily. the cool head was pretty hot too if anything slightly less than the cylinders but that's just a estimating..  Radiator was very hot as well, I could only keep my hand on the center for about 2 seconds, the top again was hotter.

Checked both plugs, the bottom rim was a little wet with blackish oil and the electrode was black and dry..

Opinions??