7mil powervalve Cheetah 73mm bore

5 hours ago, PaymentPlan said:

What I mean behind that is why drag port a cylinder that has PV's, intended for a smoother power delivery.

Why throw PC's on a Cub when it's meant to have Sharears? Metaphorically speaking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Because the powervalves allow you to still have an early mid range hit and rpm like a mudda fukka. Where as just drag porting a typical cylinder makes it a bit of an all or nothing motor. With powervalves, you can actually take the cylinder quite a bit farther and not sacrifice ridability. Granted it's done right. 

2 hours ago, PaymentPlan said:

535 PV on pump. Nothing about this graph serves a drag purpose. Looks like good competition for a super serval. 454af399add31f26ee0fcc40561fe5da.jpg

You do see the RPM in that graph right? And that is Mikes graph. His was non PV. 

Most drag guy with cheeto simply block the pv... I dont think you guys will convience any drag guy to use pv.

Me, in the other hand, will do a pv for my next built ;-)

Pphhsssttt. Details. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

Most drag guy with cheeto simply block the pv... I dont think you guys will convience any drag guy to use pv.

You can pick up old T Rex's for cheap and TDR has or makes just about anything you would need. Or hunt for a used Cheetah. I found a very well sorted 535 Cheetah for a stellar deal and the 521 super serval should be going together pretty quickly. It's just a mountain of boxes at this point. Can't wait to compare the two. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trickedcarbine said:

You can pick up old T Rex's for cheap and TDR has or makes just about anything you would need. Or hunt for a used Cheetah. I found a very well sorted 535 Cheetah for a stellar deal and the 521 super serval should be going together pretty quickly. It's just a mountain of boxes at this point. Can't wait to compare the two. 

I will certainly do more searching and will ask questions about pv to peeps that use them.

About the T-Rex engine, i think i read that the Cheetah is a better option, but cost more, is it true?

1 hour ago, ClaudeMachining said:

I will certainly do more searching and will ask questions about pv to peeps that use them.

About the T-Rex engine, i think i read that the Cheetah is a better option, but cost more, is it true?

For sure. I'd also recommend going 485 or bigger. The 421 really doesn't utilize the large intake to its potential. 

I called Harry yesterday and picked at his thoughts about a cheetah PV, and you can still get one new. 3 grand for cylinder, reeds, head, pistons, ect.

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Harry?

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

He is the guy at Trinity. They developed the Cheetah cub with the PVs.

I've dealt with trinity and harry in the past. Really bad experience and thousands of dollars wasted.

Jmo, but there are definitely better routes to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk