Ported Stock cylinders vs Serval

BBoy69

15 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

You won't fool anyone that knows what they are looking for. Just saying

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

Exactly lol nobody really knows too much of anything about built quads in my area most just think a piped raptor beats anything it comes across

• Like 1

If you're building it from scratch, go with the serval. Far more potential to make more usable power with out needing it to be on race fuel with high compression and tons of timing. Although you could set it up for race fuel and be ahead of a comparable built stock cylinder. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ClaudeMachining said:

I suggest you to check Eyesully Assasin LP, with slp pipes dyno curves. Look closely at 6500rpm…

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

its AYEsully,

cmon claude.

and yes, goes from 30 hp at 6k and jumps to 60 at 7k. Hold on to ur buttsss

Yeah, I'd say you could save some money if your using your old setup and cylinders by staying stock stroke. I've got around 80 hp with a very well HJR ported 4m stk cyl and run on pump gas. It runs right there with any 4m serval I've seen and better than the majority of them. But, as I said before, there is a lot more to it than just a well built motor. Intake, carbs, clutch, pipes, tranny, suspension, swingarm, tires, it all matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd say you could save some money if your using your old setup and cylinders by staying stock stroke. I've got around 80 hp with a very well HJR ported 4m stk cyl and run on pump gas. It runs right there with any 4m serval I've seen and better than the majority of them. But, as I said before, there is a lot more to it than just a well built motor. Intake, carbs, clutch, pipes, tranny, suspension, swingarm, tires, it all matters.

9e622f49dde2f844e517feaa27f35ece.jpg
051bda8a85b58bfdaa23eb48afe2252c.jpg341a228767a0a5be309ee9d154630d4e.jpg877bedd764b8ed568a118eaeff72ca84.jpg06a8d97707b145f14288d9c81826a7d6.jpg

• Like 2

I would talk to a builder before making that decision. I think they are both maxed at about 80hp with a dune/trail port.

More can be gained out of them both but you won't like the power curve for trail riding.

Tell that to cam at redline he got 96hp out of mine and his words are he could've got more

Tell that to cam at redline he got 96hp out of mine and his words are he could've got more

First, why would I tell that to Cam? Second, why would Cam build a motor that could perform better but choose not to?

Many things to factor here, one being the fuel this guy wants to run and the type of power curve he wants.

Sure, both set ups can produce more power. Hell, Cam ported a 4m stk cyl for me that made 105 and change. But I wouldnt ride it in tight trails.

• Like 1

First, why would I tell that to Cam? Second, why would Cam build a motor that could perform better but choose not to?

Many things to factor here, one being the fuel this guy wants to run and the type of power curve he wants.

Sure, both set ups can produce more power. Hell, Cam ported a 4m stk cyl for me that made 105 and change. But I wouldnt ride it in tight trails.

1 he never said he rides tight trails
2 I didn't want a drag port
3 that's on 110 octane
4 you're the one that said he can only get 80 out of it
5 he said he rides back roads majority of the time

1 he never said he rides tight trails
2 I didn't want a drag port
3 that's on 110 octane
4 you're the one that said he can only get 80 out of it
5 he said he rides back roads majority of the time

He said trails 25%

I never said 80 was max. I said 80 was max on a trail port.

96 is not gonna be fun for trail riding imo and will likely begin to be a pipes motor.

I was also thinking he was wanted to use pump gas. It I don't remember for sure.