Using way too much gas

So the other day I bought a 2004 shee that's all stock except an fmf pipe (things mint, missing nothing for 1500). But I took it out for a ride to see how it ran and it ran as a stock banshee should. But it sucked the gas like no body's business. I mean there is no question that it uses a shit ton more than any other banshee I've owned while performing good all the while, sucked on bottom end but has been quite a while since I rode a stock shee. Before I start this shit do u guys have some pointers on what to check first?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ok, I've been lucky as to not have to do this before. Only thing I've done to carbs is jetting and tors delete. Any quick tips on how I'll know they're as they should be?

i think float height on stock carbs is 21mm

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'll tell ya this, years ago I set a Banshee for my kids. Same set-up as mine... same pipes, same air cleaner, same jets, same sprockets, same paddle tires, EVERYTHING. It literally burned twice as much fuel as mine did. Never could figure it out. We would top off every time at camp on our way out to the dunes, and get back and mine would take a splash compared to theirs. For a while I attributed it to they where riding harder than me, but at the time they were young and I was younger, so I don't think that was actually the case. To this day, a mystery.

Shit, I hope this isn't the case. I mean plugs are burning good, runs smooth, just don't get it. Hopefully I'll check out the obvious tomorrow and cure it or I guess I'll call fast and start my next build sooner than I thought. Sorta needed a reason to spend a load of cash on one again anyway lol