Stator continuity?

Hey guys, just finished my complete rebuild but i have no spark. My question is should i have continuity when i test the stator red and green wires on the plug end? Even if it shows incorrect ohms should i have continuity or will both ohms and continuity show bad? id rather fix a bad connection to the stator then replace it. Thanks for the help

Hey guys, just finished my complete rebuild but i have no spark. My question is should i have continuity when i test the stator red and green wires on the plug end? Even if it shows incorrect ohms should i have continuity or will both ohms and continuity show bad? id rather fix a bad connection to the stator then replace it. Thanks for the help

You won't have continuity if the circuit is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is there a way i can test continuity for the stator ignition side then ? the lighting side which i believe are the white wires with traces show good, but i am told these are completely separate from each other correct?

10 hours ago, Mxjd619 said:

is there a way i can test continuity for the stator ignition side then ? the lighting side which i believe are the white wires with traces show good, but i am told these are completely separate from each other correct?

Yes the lighting and ignition side are separate, no the white/striped are not lighting.

Stator resistance:
Ignition coil should be 13.7-20.5 Ohms (red to green wire)
Pickup coil should be 94-140 Ohms (white/red to white/green wire)
Lighting coil should be 0.26-0.38 Ohms (black to yellow wire)

So I took the stator apart to look for physical damage and try to find a cause for failure, also just gain more knowledge on this topic while I'm at it. Everthing looks pretty good. I tested continuity from the ends of the red and green wire to were they actually connect to the stator and it both showed good. Does this mean there is some sort of break or more realistically a short in the actual wrapping ?