only starts with ether

ok here is what all it has fmf fattys twist throttle with tors removal advance timing 4 degree and pro flow intake and 270 jets..  ok the only way i can get it to start is when i spray ether into the carbs when it does start it doesn't wanna idle , got to keep giving it gas to keep it running. still has like a small bog in it when u give it small amount of gas but when u open it up it is fine. please help

In these temps you should be at 290 main 30 pilots needles just about all the way rich , air screw 1 turn out to start. Does your bike have stock pilots? Read some jetting articles to help you understand which jet control what rpm range. Knowledge is power

• Like 1

OK I got the fuel to stop coming out the over flow.. I know u said I need 27.5 pilots... And I found something out if I put my hand over the left carb with the choke pulled it starts without ether. It idles really high when choke is in, idles normal half way out and almost dies when pulled all the way out... Would those pilots cause that

OK I got the fuel to stop coming out the over flow.. I know u said I need 27.5 pilots... And I found something out if I put my hand over the left carb with the choke pulled it starts without ether. It idles really high when choke is in, idles normal half way out and almost dies when pulled all the way out... Would those pilots cause that

Yes, when you cover it you're limiting air so it won't need extra fuel to start. But it needs extra fuel if you don't expect to ride around with your hand covering the carbs. Give it fuel, or you will be rebuilding it. Besides, it'll run way harder if it's got the right tune up.

i had this same problum. for me i cleaned the hell out of them 3 times (took all screws,jets,choke all out sprayed out every hole

with carb cleaner, then blow them out with air. X3) turned out i replaced all the hoses and that fixed it.

still dont know why but it worked