Bogging and wont rev up

Ibezy

You really need to pressure test it and compression test it at this point. If that air screw cam out while riding you could have damaged the piston on that side. No sense chasing your tail if those two things don't check out

I will be doing a leak down and compression test this weekend, I will post the results.

Both sides or one?

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

Both sides

Just curious, have you looked at the reeds? Maybe one chipped or broke? Could possibly cause what's happening here with no air leaks & seemingly everything else in place

I have checked the reeds, they are in great shape.

Quick question to everyone, does the bike need to be warmed up for the compression test? I just did it and it came up as 63 psi in both cylinders. The motor was completely cold, I have a feeling the tester might be bad, because the bike ran amazing a couple months ago and it doesn't even have 8 hours on the new top end.

Edited by Ibezy

Quick question to everyone, does the bike need to be warmed up for the compression test? I just did it and it came up as 63 psi in both cylinders. The motor was completely cold, I have a feeling the tester might be bad, because the bike ran amazing a couple months ago and it doesn't even have 8 hours on the new top end.

Yes. But even cold will give you a rough idea.

Also if it's a crap tester from Harbor freight then they all read about 60.

They always run amazing before they pop. See if you can borrow a known good one or use the one you got on a known good engine. Stock bore, what was the piston to cylinder clearance? 8 times outta 10 stock size pistons won't work and you need to bore it .010. If you just jammed pistons in you could have excessive clearance and it ran good until the rings finally lost there tension. What was the ring end gaps?