97 banshee not starting up

Telonbros101

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first bought mine, I was having a similar issue.  Would start up and run fine, but once you killed it, wouldn't restart.  No spark.  My issue ended up being the CDI box.  Be sure to post up what you find.

yeah my banshee is a 97 but I have a 2000 frame because my other frame rusted out and cracked. But the bike was turning on fine with no issues first kick and it popped on. this happened just recent so I just want to get it fixed and go ride and try out my new 6 inch swing arm I just installed.

lights- .4 ohms

pick up coil- 98 ohms

Ignition coil-0 ohms

This are the results I got from watching the video and taking the steps to check my stator out. so it looks like I might be needing another stator coil from the readings.

Are you checking the coil's resistance with the caps on or off?  Could just be bad cap, or may just need to trim the end of the plug wire.  For some reason I could never get a reading on my multimeter with my coil, so I borrowed a buddy's and had the same result.  

Edited by broke350

those readings were just for the stator right off the plug like the video showed. the 3rd reading from the red wire to the white wire I was suppose to get 20 ohms and I didn't get no reads there. so does that mean my stator is bad?

OK I will do that when I get home from work guys I'll keep you updated on progress. Ebay coil cost me 60 bucks off brand I'll say. But replacing coil bike would turn on every once in a while then nothing and I didn't get spark before changing the coil either.

^ problem

you think my new coil that I bought on ebay is no good? right it gave me .6 ohms between coils where the orange and black wire plug in but when I do the leads I don't get nothing no reads. I still have my old coil I haven't tossed that away yet?