Weird bog issue but bike runs still

So I had some issues when I went out riding recently. my bike kept dying but would run fine with the fuel on reserve, but eventually the bike started to idle way to high every time we stopped so I decided to clean up the petcock and filter that's attached. also decided to call HjR and upgrade my carbs because he did my hole engine a year before that and I had 28mm carbs so now I have new pwk 39mm carbs jetted with pods and intake spacers.

I can get it started and running but within a minute of idling it starts to bog, I can feather the throttle and keep it running and get it to rev up high but then after it starts to idle it gets a slight bog again and if I don't stay on the throttle it will die. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally wanted 33 but hjr ran out after I ordered so it was 28 or 39 or wait a month. I got impatient said 39is fine also my engine has dune 0-5 trans 4mil crank Athena 392 kit and noss head and runs on renegade110 I mixed 32:1 klotz oil

You mean he couldn't get you the carbs you needed within a month time frame?

Yeah he said basically said I can get a refund or wait a few weeks and I was ready to go ride to I said fuck it I'll go with the bigger upgrade and I've noticed the left side exhaust keeps leaking oil spray everywhere no matter How tight the exhaust clamps are that seal the pipes together

First mistake was getting too big of a carb. See if someone on the forum is willing to trade. Going to need the right intakes as well. Athena cylinders are not the best choice IMO

Yeah I had made the mistake of getting them before finding out this was already a long rod banshee and got tired of headaches with it so I sent it in to HJR for full build and he helped make them work and it's been a great bike till lately and I've only had her out a few times nothing hardcore either

What intakes are you running? Pressure test that motor before any further abuse , then move to electrical. Try a 160 main 50 pilot to start. What pipe?

Got vforce3 reed chariot billet intake with crossover delete has 50pilot 155 main and hjr said 2 turns out the on air screw

Pwk28 would have been a great carb for something running pro circuit pipes.

The 28 were great but I live and learn this was my first project banshee either way when I trash these Athena cylinders I'm getting cheetah or servals ..

Well keep tuning n doing plug chops, you have a unicorn set up n mismatched at that most info will be basic round about. Do you have cel needles or the stock dgh in the 39s

Hey also the left side exhaust loves to leak extra oil out the boot even when I tighten it a lot when I get done riding the engine has oily specs all over the topend ..wouldn't that mean a possible piston ring blown