Title Question

06SE_Shee

Ok so I'm from Ohio and there are a few very nice banshees not far from me, but there's one in particular that doesn't have a title....

My question is, has anyone ever bought something without a title but got a NOTARIZED bill of sale, then went to the bmv and been issued a title? From what I've been reading it sounds like that's all I need to have when I go to the title office and they will issue my a title for the machine. Sounds to good to be true to me. I don't want to go spend 3+ thousand on something then not be able to title it. Let me know!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year is the quad?

If older than 99,

First, check the vin to make sure it isn't stolen.

Second, you need to make sure the quad has never been titled in Ohio.

Third, take quad to BMV to get a vin check.

Then you can lie and say you have owned the quad for a while and get a title.

If newer, you need to get someone from out of state like Kentucky or Indiana to sign a BOS to you.

I have done it, my dad did it with his 2008 Rzr. But before you buy a non titled quad, check the vin with the local quads to make sure it is clean.

It's a 2003. The guy said he bought it off his buddy who also bought it off someone else with a bill of sale so it seems that the past two owners have had the title, said his buddy bought it from a guy in Ohio. I asked for the vin.

If it has been titled in Ohio, you really can't do anything. All new quad in ohio after June of 99 were sold with a title.

Damn that sucks, is there any odd chance that it may have never been titled? I guess I'll steer clear of it, thanks for your info

Edited by 06SE_Shee

just get the vin and call up the DMV to check if stolen or been title. There is a chance it hasn't been titled. I have bought many quads (almost all of them) without a title. A title has never worried me really.

Just called them, gave them the vin. She said "Its been titled before. So the guy selling it HAS to get that title transferred into his name before he even THINKS about selling it" She said he can't even sell it without the title legally. I said that's not gonna stop someone who doesn't care about a title and goes and gives him cash. She said "they will care when the quad comes up stolen, I would stay for away from that" well I guess that answers my question....I just don't get how the hell they wouldn't have had the title for every person who owned it I couldn't see buying anything especially in OHIO without a title. I feel like they are very very strict on that.

Edited by 06SE_Shee

This may be a stupid question but Im gunna ask any ways. Why are people concerned with having a title? Ive never had one on any bike that ive bought... besides the stolen concern obviously.

To show ownership. It also will have a higher resale value if you sell it. At least that's how it is around here. Another option the OP has is if the bike is a really good bike and the title is the only concern he can simply get a frame with a title and swap it out then sell the other frame. Never a bad idea to completey go over the bike as you will find any possible hidden issues and make sure it's a solid reliable bike
  • Like 2

While we are on the subject of titles, maybe you guys can answer this.. I bought my banshee brand new from Alba in 2003. In all my paper work I do not have a title. I called them last year and they couldn't help me they said they do not keep records back that far.. The ONLY piece of paper or document that resembles anything of a title is this. Is this my title?

2ABF61C6-A070-4AB8-95B0-77E2B0E5BB7F.jpg

While we are on the subject of titles, maybe you guys can answer this.. I bought my banshee brand new from Alba in 2003. In all my paper work I do not have a title. I called them last year and they couldn't help me they said they do not keep records back that far.. The ONLY piece of paper or document that resembles anything of a title is this. Is this my title?

2ABF61C6-A070-4AB8-95B0-77E2B0E5BB7F.jpg

do you register the bike being your in NY?