Air filter for sand

jwhitt

I currently have the stock air box/filter on my '97 Banshee and am thinking of switching to the Pro Flo system. I am curious what you all are using in the sand dunes as far as Foam vs K&N filters.

I currently have the stock air box/filter on my '97 Banshee and am thinking of switching to the Pro Flo system. I am curious what you all are using in the sand dunes as far as Foam vs K&N filters.

is it normal sand or dusty sand?

Dust = foam only

Anything else you can use A REAL K&N. Not the cheap knock off

Normal sand (oceano dunes). I'm beginning to lean towards the Pro Flo uni foam filter. The more I read, the more negatives I'm hearing about KN. I was just curious what others in here thought.

I was a foam only person. I run no air box on my 250r. Went to the dunes this spring rode for 3 days my filter completely covered in sand. came home took off the filter and there was sand all in the intake tube.  bike still has decent compression but now its a ticking time bomb.

next time i will have a kN filter with an outerwear for the dunes only.

I was a foam only person. I run no air box on my 250r. Went to the dunes this spring rode for 3 days my filter completely covered in sand. came home took off the filter and there was sand all in the intake tube.  bike still has decent compression but now its a ticking time bomb.

next time i will have a kN filter with an outerwear for the dunes only.

sand 101. use outer filter regardless of main filter type

• Like 3