1st full frame shee build. Hope I don't screw it up!

Man, I can't stand chrome or polished anything on my bike.

Brushed/natural Aluminum or 60% gloss powder is the only way I roll.

However, I can't wait to see your ride!!

Yeah, what motor you gonna run?

And aren't you local, like ride Pismo on occasion?

• Like 1

Engine is going to be a stock cylinder 4ml. Pretty much what I had before the breakdown. Was going to go with a serval, and sell my old cylinders to help offset the cost, but that didn't work out, then ended up coming across a killer deal on a banshee for my chick. So the serval money, became her new bike money. Only thing her bike needs is shocks, and then it's really nice bike. Getting her new shocks might be my way to go long travel and give her my elka stage 4s. Thinking fireball LT and maybe some fox float evols.

Pismo is about 5 hours north of me. Hoping to head there sometime in July.

Sweet!!

Pismo is about 5.5hrs south for me.

I'll be there the evening of July 5th thru the 9th.

Have you seen these sick new Elka Stage 4's?

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/186556-elka-lt-jd-arms/#entry1808161

Might be a good deal if the eye to eye is 19" minimum for Fireball LT a-arms.

That's the deal that had me thinking bout going LT. Dude said he thinks his shocks measure 18.25" eye to eye. I emailed JD performance and they said their LT banshee arms use 17.5"-18.5" shocks. They recommend 17.5" and said that using a longer shocks doesn't increase travel. That's why I was thinking fireball. Which I believe offer 13" of travel for their LT arms. Those stage 4 elkas are like the old stage 3 steely type. My stage 4s, steelys, are preload, rebound, high/low compression adjustable. Id have to get stage 5s to keep the same adjustability.

I was talking with my shock guy and he said he'd rather I have better shocks, and less travel, than have more travel and less adjustability. But, that was only if using the same brand of shock. Really thinking about just buttoning up the bike they way it is and keeping standard travel. Mainly because I just want to finish it and have it done so I can ride the piss out of it, AND... My chick wants me to finish it so I can get started building a deck in our back yard. Yep... To much shit to do.

So... LT is out. Decided to keep errythang the way it is now. Got a kid on the way, so no sense it getting shocks for my chick's bike that she won't be riding anyway. Maybe down the road it might work out. I'll keep an eye out for sales and used LT setups til then. And check this out, the JD performance LT arms only offer 10.75" of travel, and that info is from an email I got from them. So much better to go fireball and get at least 13" of travel. Roger at fireball told me with moving the shock mount I could probably get 18" of travel with his arms and the right shocks. So I'll definitely go that route when the time comes.

Anyone have a recommendations for a good chain? I've always used did non o-ring chains. They're cheap and I have an extra one in case shit hits the fan. But if there's something better out there, let me know. I mainly ride sand lately and not too many trails. And this bike will probably be sand only.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!!!!

0659169C-F003-4261-8FBD-E11E06500E64_zps

A6E4865C-0F09-4940-B4E7-16DB84F5A057_zps

3C5819A8-579D-4AE6-8F77-82A5072A738B_zps

CF7F2330-0357-4D77-8149-EDEBD0DFFE05_zps

Tried to mount up my sprocket hub and there's a bit of gap. Maybe 1/8". The bushing in the carrier is mounted flush with the carrier.

145B248B-953D-4300-A1C9-2B918F795780_zps

Here's how it sits all the way in.

CA466BFE-08F1-49AE-9115-B536CAF595DF_zps

My other shee has a smaller gab. Maybe an 8th of an inch and my stock carrier has the bearing mounted inside the carrier about 1/8". Should I push the bearing in some more, or just run it?

• 5 months later...