Is 100LL enough for my mods?!

So, I don't want to spend $12/GL for vp110. I know the vp is higher in octane, but I can get 100LL for $4.19/GL. So I'd like to go the cheap route, I know, I know, I'm being a twat waffle. Right now I've got a 4ml stock cylinder, aggressive mx port, port matched cases, vf3, pwk 28s with pods, +2 timing and shearer SBIF. Right now static compression is 150/cylinder. I've got new domes that will raise static compression to 170ish and I want to increase timing to +5 or 6. My motor was built by HJR, he's local to me. And YES, it a real fuggen HR crank. I ride at sea level. So, will the 100LL be enough? I'm kinda thinking not. I txt HJR but he hasn't got back to me yet, and as you guys can tell, I'm soooo patient. So, what do you guys think I could max out at on comp/timing with the 100LL? And if I say EF it, and run VP110, what could I do to max out the comp and timing to really use all that octane? Thanks for the help everyone.

Edited by Dunatic619
  • Like 1

I did ask Kevin. He hasn't responded yet. But also asking the opinion of those whose knowledge base is more than my own. So you think I'd be fine at the comp (170ish) and the current timing (+2)? I also asked here because of the porting, I know once exhaust ports are raised, that comp usually goes down. So want to make sure I make a well informed decision. And don't blow my shit up.

100% I am a true believer in aviation fuel , and it is readily available for me at any hour of the night . I've ran it at 180 psi in several motors. A bike that I sold to a friend ten years ago had 205 psi each cylinder , the kid literally never changed oil or cleaned air filter. Bike till this day is still running. So most will say it's design for higher elevations . Air plains still have to get up to speed and off the ground and the motor works harder taking off then it does in the air no? So Aviation fuel has a heavier specific gravity to the fuel... Why ? Well I broke it down of what it's composed of the 1% benzene that's in the fuel is the only thing that has a heavier specific gravity then anything else it's composed of . Benzene is so bad shit , people will get headaches from it being behind you all day. Tel lead starts off CH3 very similar to a methyl /alkl that's where the slimyness of the fuel comes from. If you can live with gas leaking a bit out the float gaskets over time as bike sits not being ridden then it's very suitable fuel for your needs. I have found that ams oil dominator oil works best with it . Below I believe 38degrees the klotz 2 stroke was separating from fuel and creating a gel which would clog pilot Jett's and not allow bike to start. Done lots of research on this, and the maker of ams oil comes from the aviation field background found that out at a later time but guessing that's why that's why they work so well.

Toss a little in and dial the timing back to zero. Maybe jump up a size or two on the main. Give it a few cycles of throttle and go through the gears nice and easy. If all is well, give it a pass at wide open throttle. Once you're sure the plugs look ok, throw 4* of timing at it.

Kevin responded. Said max comp would be 165. Didn't say anything bout timing tho. Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll get back with my jetting and see what everyone one recommends with that. Thanks again.

Edited by Dunatic619

Benzene is so bad shit , people will get headaches from it being behind you all day.

I wouldn't worry about the headache

"

Benzene increases the risk of cancer and other illnesses. Benzene is a notorious cause of bone marrow failure. Substantial quantities of epidemiologic, clinical, and laboratory data link benzene to aplastic anemia, acute leukemia, and bone marrow abnormalities.[57][58] The specific hematologic malignancies that benzene is associated with include: acute myeloid leukemia (AML), aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).[59]

The American Petroleum Institute (API) stated in 1948 that "it is generally considered that the only absolutely safe concentration for benzene is zero."[60] The US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) classifies benzene as a human carcinogen. Long-term exposure to excessive levels of benzene in the air causes leukemia, a potentially fatal cancer of the blood-forming organs. In particular, acute myeloid leukemia or acute nonlymphocytic leukemia (AML & ANLL) is not disputed to be caused by benzene.[61] IARC rated benzene as "known to be carcinogenic to humans" (Group 1)."