Reeds/carb questions

Also, I found I have vforce 3 reed assembly... I checked them (reeds) and it seems to have black tar looking substance on corners of reeds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PICS PICS PICS

From what I've been told it's stock everything

You have pipes and pods...not stock

As already said, get a Clymers manual, then accurate compression and leak down tests to help determine engine condition.

You said you "cleaned" the carbs. How? Sprayed with aerosol carb cleaner or soaked for 30 minutes in Berrymans? If you didn't soak them, do that. Be sure to remove all rubber parts first, including o-rings. Then use your Clymers to put it back together, including setting the floats. You're also going to want a carb sync tool, so call FAST and get one coming you're way. Search here to learn how to use it.

Also, I'm guessing the TORS units are no longer on the carb tops, correct? Check to make sure all wires were disconnected when that was done. If they're still on, then get a removal kit from FAST when you order the sync tool.

Another thing I like to do with any old engine that's been sitting is disconnect, clean and reconnect all electrical connections, including grounds. May not have anything to do with your problem, but it doesn't hurt.

Installed tors elem kit. Air filters. New reeds. She fires right up. But she still won't Rev. Someone told me to check plugs. I pull left plug she stays running. Put plug back on. Pull right plug, she dies... Switch plugs and do same thing and same plug kills bike. What is the problem?