Best brands for compression testing?

New snap on compression gauges aren't the best quality IMO, also all the matco, Mac, Cornwell and Craftsman compression gauges are made in China or Taiwan. Get your hands on an oldschool Snap-on MT308KB kit, best compression tester set ever!

craftman is on the lowend of the scale for folks that cant afford the good stuff

Yea, because anyone who isn't a mechanic is going to go out and spend 50k worth of a tool box and tools just to tinker around in the garage and work on their own stuff. I don't know what kinds of drugs youre on, but they must be fucking good ones.

if I needed a wrench set right away and had little money and had a sears down the street , its likely I would do the craftsman. after owning other brands I have really no interest in using craftsman stuff. snapon wrenches are pretty sweet imo. to me the geometry is just a lot better. I have a lot of craftsman but it was all handed down to me and its mostly never been used because I prefer other brands. I should sell it and free up some space in the garage. torq wrenches and shit like that I feel craftsman is not nearly on par with some of the others brands