left cylinder not firing

type R

Check were the throttle cable connect to the slides in the carb. The plate screwed into the slide has a hole that lines up with an additional hole in the slide. Probably not it though because it only restricts air and causes it to run super rich. (Unless you have signs of it running rich.) I did have that problem on mine when i first got it and it wouldn't fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And speeshee, those holes in the slides and plates are supposed to be lined up so the hole is clear. That is so air pressure is equalized on both sides of the slide so it will move freely. If you had problems with that causing a rich condition, then your caps on top the carb weren't sealed properly.

Easy there , what about head gasket. I usually test on the bench but have done it plenty in chassis. If you can pull the coolant hoses off rad and take clutch side hose and clamp it rite to head making closed loop. Then your left with little nipple on top of head, plug it up and test. Do this before tearing into clutch side to make it easier on yourself. If you plug all coolant lines and it stops leaking it's a head gasket. Maybe you can post a pic of your tester something sounds not rite

• Like 1