Timing plate questions

JasonB

Was busy reading threads in the general banshee discussion forums and randomly came across a post where one of the regular members on here was saying to avoid the cast timing plates in favor of a billet version. This was in a thread like 10 months old and was the first I had seen someone talking about avoiding any certain type of timing advance plates. I have one on my list to get from Vito's with their stealth cool head/domes and tors delete. Should I not be ordering that timing plate for any reason? I didn't want to modify my stock plate for fear of advancing the timing too much by accident but my budget is tight after the elkas and a arm purchases lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i appreciate all the feedback guys, until yesterday i had no idea the cast ones were junk. $60 for billet vs $30 cast may seem trivial but my budget is set for now. After buying my new bike, the Alba A Arms and Elka Stage3's, i am sitting on about 500 bucks. I get a considerable discount through Vitos so the goal was to grab the timing plate, stealth cool head, domes, TORS delete, and a few other things to help save cash for a used set of pipes. Before i bought the bike a few weeks ago i cap'd myself at 5K for everything and thats where I have to keep things for this first round because i have new born twin girls at home. I will give the Vito's plate a shot, its going to be like $20 after discount and i may be tearing this motor down for a 4mill build after we hit Glamis in February if im not happy with the power.