The Mcdank build

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a set of stage 4 elkas during their legacy sale, all 3 and a link for 1300, ish.   I like them, gotta keep up on keeping them clean and lubricated though.

I have the Alba long travel"gullwing" set, love the arms, hate the bushings and spacers.

I picked up a set of stage 4 elkas during their legacy sale, all 3 and a link for 1300, ish. I like them, gotta keep up on keeping them clean and lubricated though.

I have the Alba long travel"gullwing" set, love the arms, hate the bushings and spacers.

what don't you like about them? Can I buy bushings and shit from another company that will work?

I don't like the cheap quality plastic bushings, ( brittle) and the crap metal pins with bad chroming. I started looking for bearings but the tubing isn't perfectly sized after welding. would need machined.  Ive broken 3 bushing at Mountainridge, and 1 at Hatfeild Mcoy, The arm moves forward and back too much, caught a tree and few rocks, and it slams the upper arm into the bushing lip, and shears it off. Im not sure if anyone else sells bushing for them, they are a different size than stockers, Alba sells a rebuild pack with same low quality pins for about 30 bux ish.  Like I said, I love the arms, bushings and pins .. not so much. I just pulled my fuel valve out a few weeks ago, and it looked just like that with a few bugs and legs.

• 1 month later...

Getting my motor back from my builder this week along with a few other little parts. But with the led light route I'm going I was looking at a 250w procom stator and I have completely fried my brain trying to under stand this dc power stuff. If somebody could help me out here I've got a question. For one what do I do with the damn ground wire? I've read that I should ground it to the frame or run a rectifier or I need a battery, every body says something different it seems like lol! And also should I just run a damn toggle switch or will the stock light switch work? I know these questions have all ready been asked but I'm looking for a straight answer