My Build Thread, Redline 10mil Super Serval Cub on 110.

For clarification, when I say "low port timing," I mean that it was going to be mainly left alone. Cub specs are different than Serval specs right out of the box.

That said, isn't yours a regular Serval(68mm)?

I did not measure the bore when i had the head off last year. It better be a 72mm bore because that was agreed upon. He never did a 72mm bore serval in 10mil which is why he cut me a lot of slack off the price/r&d and it took so long(which we agreed on). Griff's 10mil was 68 bore. Mine many substantially more power than his and there's a graph showing. Both pump.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone. Mines bought, not built. Just trying to understand some things said.

I did not measure the bore when i had the head off last year. It better be a 72mm bore because that was agreed upon. He never did a 72mm bore serval in 10mil which is why he cut me a lot of slack off the price/r&d and it took so long(which we agreed on). Griff's 10mil was 68 bore. Mine many substantially more power than his and there's a graph showing. Both pump.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone. Mines bought, not built. Just trying to understand some things said.

I'm sure it is. I can't keep all these builds straight long after they're done.

That said, I don't know what cylinder yours is. Either way, he can make them both work.

I'm sure it is. I can't keep all these builds straight long after they're done.

That said, I don't know what cylinder yours is. Either way, he can make them both work.

Well as long as my power band comes on as early as a serval should, im content. I do find it comes on a little late, but it's got shearers. It's not exactly a SLP style pipe. Plus my engine wasnt designed for that. It was designed for open fields. Which it seems spot on.

Well, that's not 100% correct.

When this build started, CP didn't have any Super Servals.

It started as a low port timing Super Cub build.

At some point during the build, CP cast the Super Servals and it was decided to test both.

So the Super Cub was like a 4 mil or 7 mil Casting being made to run a 10 mil? To get the lower port duration??. Don't have to give details, I'm just trying to fill in some blanks for everyone.

So the Super Cub was like a 4 mil or 7 mil Casting being made to run a 10 mil? To get the lower port duration??. Don't have to give details, I'm just trying to fill in some blanks for everyone.

I don't believe so. I believe they were both 10mm castings.

At the time Control's started this project the 10mm Super Serval wasn't available. That's why it started as a 10 SC.

At some point during the build process CP decided to cast the 10 SS.

Since Cam had already set up the 10 SC he decided to go ahead and test that cylinder to see how it compared to the 10 SS.

In this case, the customer will be happier with his 10 SS for his style of riding and the LEDs compliment that setup well.

I don't believe so. I believe they were both 10mm castings.

At the time Control's started this project the 10mm Super Serval wasn't available. That's why it started as a 10 SC.

At some point during the build process CP decided to cast the 10 SS.

Since Cam had already set up the 10 SC he decided to go ahead and test that cylinder to see how it compared to the 10 SS.

In this case, the customer will be happier with his 10 SS for his style of riding and the LEDs compliment that setup well.

How was the SC going to get the ports lowered? Welding? Decked cases, decked cylinders?

If you don't know I get it. I know it's not your build.

How was the SC going to get the ports lowered? Welding? Decked cases, decked cylinders?

Think there was talk of using a thinner base gasket or no base gasket to help with some of this.

I'm not sure of that.

I just know at the time that's all that was available.

The 10SC was strong, but not off the bottom strong like the 10SS.

Controls build according to this thread started late 2015. 2 years later in 2017 we are done. And there's now a 10mil serval with a 72 bore made.

Looking back at my build thread since i dont have invoices at work from redline, my engine was built late 2013/early 2014.

So if that's true. I have a cub. Doesnt feel like one though.

Years before a servals were out, flotek and i talked about decking a cub or cheetah to have more of a play engine. Interesting.